Let's do lunch!
Here at work, nachos with some inauthentic and yet tasty curry.  Big Grin
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(04-13-2018, 11:46 AM)dahveed Wrote: Here at work, nachos with some inauthentic and yet tasty curry.  Big Grin

Nachos and curry?  I never would've thought to combine those two.  Intriguing.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Felafel and tabouli
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hilda's post:
  • Jeeter
Cheese pizza Food!
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
(04-13-2018, 02:27 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Cheese pizza Food!

you're not a vegetarian, are you? hope not, that is not healthy esp for children and old people
(05-07-2018, 02:26 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(04-13-2018, 02:27 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Cheese pizza Food!

you're not a vegetarian, are you? hope not, that is not healthy esp for children and old people

Nope, Capn Crunch and I are militant vegans, dedicated to bringing down the evil beef empire.  

Yeah, that was a joke. Big Grin

My lunch was two bacon cheeseburgers from Five Guys, all the way, with added jalapenos, BBQ sauce, and hot sauce. This was on a dare that I won't repeat...
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(08-29-2017, 09:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: For years I've been on a quest to find the best bar Reuben sandwich. Today, I had a definite contender. I stopped in the pub downtown, which has a daily lunch special. It seems the days it normally sounds good are always Wednesdays and Fridays when I abstain, but today was a Tuesday. It was delicious, on marble rye. Not drowned in dressing with generous slices of corned beef. If you're ever in Wilber, Nebraska at lunchtime, check out Fritz's Bar and Grill. Oh, and give me a call! I'll join you for a beer! Big Grin

Jovan,

If you are prepared to deviate from the classic Rueben, ask the kitchen to substitute the Swiss cheese for an extra sharp aged cheddar. Right on top and in between the corned beef (especially if corned beef is still hot).  It is the gold standard of Ruebens, discovered In my travels in a hotel bar south of Edmonton. The cook would make them at home with Limburger cheese, (never had it),  but the extra sharp aged cheddar ( if you like extra rank cheese) is a big hit.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
(05-09-2018, 10:21 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:
(08-29-2017, 09:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: For years I've been on a quest to find the best bar Reuben sandwich. Today, I had a definite contender. I stopped in the pub downtown, which has a daily lunch special. It seems the days it normally sounds good are always Wednesdays and Fridays when I abstain, but today was a Tuesday. It was delicious, on marble rye. Not drowned in dressing with generous slices of corned beef. If you're ever in Wilber, Nebraska at lunchtime, check out Fritz's Bar and Grill. Oh, and give me a call! I'll join you for a beer! Big Grin

Jovan,

If you are prepared to deviate from the classic Rueben, ask the kitchen to substitute the Swiss cheese for an extra sharp aged cheddar. Right on top and in between the corned beef (especially if corned beef is still hot).  It is the gold standard of Ruebens, discovered In my travels in a hotel bar south of Edmonton. The cook would make them at home with Limburger cheese, (never had it),  but the extra sharp aged cheddar ( if you like extra rank cheese) is a big hit.

Sounds delicious! I love strong cheeses. One of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I ever had in a pub was made with sharp cheddar instead of 'processed American cheese food' by a cook who was a good friend of mine.

Where, south of Edmonton? I lived in Edmonton for a few years and I need to get back to visit.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Had a couple left over ribs, some pistachios, 10 mini pretzels, and a cup of coffee.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
(05-10-2018, 01:52 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-09-2018, 10:21 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote:

Jovan,

Sounds delicious! I love strong cheeses. One of the best grilled cheese sandwiches I ever had in a pub was made with sharp cheddar instead of 'processed American cheese food' by a cook who was a good friend of mine.

Where, south of Edmonton? I lived in Edmonton for a few years and I need to get back to visit.

Wetaskawin
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14