Want Catholic 'priestesses'? Here’s what they believe (LifeSiteNews)

This poor deluded woman. Listen to her language. "We, we, we, we, our, community, I..."

Very seldom does she mention Our Lord Jesus Christ unless it's to push a liberal talking point.

"Jesus embraced women"...yeah, but He didn't ordain them!

"Lack of feminine images of God" ...yeah, because God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, not the Mother, the Daughter, and the Wife. Some of these 'womenpriest' movements change that to "the Creator, the Redeemer, and the Sanctifier," or something else that blurs the lines.

The altar becomes "the table."

She's functionally Episcopalian. Frightening and sad.
I'm always struck by how all the female priestesses I've seen are more about feminism and revolution than about Jesus Christ or the care of souls.  It's all just liberal garbage through and through, and I wouldn't so much as doff my hat or cross myself when passing her church.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 4 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • In His Love, Justin Alphonsus, Miriam_M, Zedta
Why can't these liberals go off and find an "Old Catholic church" or some high Anglican group?
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

St Michael, pray for us.
(08-06-2017, 04:17 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote: Why can't these liberals go off and find an "Old Catholic church" or some high Anglican group?

Because they see no need to corrupt what is already corrupt.
There is no such thing as Catholic "priestesses."
"We wanted to renew the priesthood and we wanted to have a more egalitarian, more inclusive circle of equals. Not a hierarchy. This is the new church for me...it's where the community calls in the priest, who is really the facilitator of the sacraments because the sacraments come from, you know, the mystical experience of holy mystery and community."

Can it be any worse?

"In our Eucharist, everyone consecrates Eucharist. Everyone raises their hand and is invited to consecrate Eucharist. It's the community consecrating Eucharist with the priest."

Yes, yes it can.

The most we can do is pray for the people led astray by stuff like this.

These people are the perfect example of 2 Timothy 4:3 "For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears"
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
What is really creepy is the talk about transgender priestesses at the end. Because this could be happening right now.

If a man is a consecrated priest and gets changed into a "woman", he could perform some crazy rite as a "priestess", with a valid Eucharist.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
(08-08-2017, 02:09 AM)JosefSilouan Wrote: What is really creepy is the talk about transgender priestesses at the end. Because this could be happening right now.

If a man is a consecrated priest and gets changed into a "woman", he could perform some crazy rite as a "priestess", with a valid Eucharist.

Well, that's a horrifying thought that I didn't need this morning.