Demonic attack
Please pray for me as I believe I may have just been attacked by a demonic entity. 

I was listening to some sacred music and praying in bed regarding a particular sinful habit i struggle with when suddenly it felt like something was trying to wrestle with me. I wasn't pinned to the bed or anything but it felt like there was definitely some other being trying to impose its thoughts on me. I felt this terrible anger and I started sweating and clutching my bed sheets. I felt like yelling but only a little came out so I told whatever it was to leave me alone. Then I began coughing painfully and uncontrollably which didn't stop until I made the sign of the cross and prayed a Hail Mary. Afterwards I went out to get some water and both the cats came into my bedroom and they won't leave, that's not abnormal though.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me, while there's a chance this particular incident wasn't demonic I have long suspected that some evil spirit had taken a liking to me.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(08-16-2017, 01:05 AM)Dominicus Wrote: Please pray for me as I believe I may have just been attacked by a demonic entity. 

I was listening to some sacred music and praying in bed regarding a particular sinful habit i struggle with when suddenly it felt like something was trying to wrestle with me. I wasn't pinned to the bed or anything but it felt like there was definitely some other being trying to impose its thoughts on me. I felt this terrible anger and I started sweating and clutching my bed sheets. I felt like yelling but only a little came out so I told whatever it was to leave me alone. Then I began coughing painfully and uncontrollably which didn't stop until I made the sign of the cross and prayed a Hail Mary. Afterwards I went out to get some water and both the cats came into my bedroom and they won't leave, that's not abnormal though.

This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me, while there's a chance this particular incident wasn't demonic I have long suspected that some evil spirit had taken a liking to me.

Have a priest bless your home. Also, keep holy water around to use frequently. Most importantly, make a good confession and receive communion as soon as possible.
I don't doubt it. I too have had a few things like this happen over the years, and even once dated a woman who was positively attacked by something and freed from it after a blessing.  Demons are absolutely real. 

What a few good priests I once knew (one was an exorcist) said was first and foremost don't be afraid. If you pray often and keep your mind and heart on holy things they cannot get to you.  They also both told me that they only usually come out to get you when you're doing something right, because otherwise they stay in the shadows. 

Prayers for you during this Octave of the Assumption!
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon