Let Prayers of Thanksgiving arise!
I have five children and six (so far) grandchildren. Three of the grandchildren I had never met when my wife and I reconciled. A few weeks ago, my middle son came to visit bringing his two, so I got to meet them. I was at Mass when they arrived. When I got home, my 10 year old grandson was the first to see me as I walked through the door. He just looked up and said, 'Hi, Grandpa.'

This weekend, the wife and I were planning on going camping. Shortly after she got home at 5PM, the phone rang. It was our oldest son who hadn't spoken to me in over ten years. He said he and his wife would like to come up to visit with their two year old. Camping plans, out the window!

They arrived about 8,30. At first, Lily didn't know what to make of the old fart with a grey beard, but in an hour or so, she was 'playing' the piano that I opened for her, and looking up at me and laughing!

I have been storming heaven for months for a full reconciliation with all my children. I'm sure there are some rough spots still ahead, but at least they're all speaking to me now, and I've met all my grandchildren. I've been invoking Our Lord, the Blessed Mother, and St Joseph, of course, but I've been praying special prayers to St Jude and St Rita, both Patrons of difficult cases, and to St Wenceslaus, Duke of Bohemia. My wife was baptised in St Wenceslaus Church here in Wilber, and I was received into the Church (before I met her) on his Feast Day, so I think of him as a spiritual link.

Please offer prayers of thanksgiving to Our Lord and thank him for the prayers of the others.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • aquinas138, Dominicus, JacafamalaRedux, The Tax Collector
(09-02-2017, 02:04 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I have five children and six (so far) grandchildren. Three of the grandchildren I had never met when my wife and I reconciled. A few weeks ago, my middle son came to visit bringing his two, so I got to meet them. I was at Mass when they arrived. When I got home, my 10 year old grandson was the first to see me as I walked through the door. He just looked up and said, 'Hi, Grandpa.'

This weekend, the wife and I were planning on going camping. Shortly after she got home at 5PM, the phone rang. It was our oldest son who hadn't spoken to me in over ten years. He said he and his wife would like to come up to visit with their two year old. Camping plans, out the window!

They arrived about 8,30. At first, Lily didn't know what to make of the old fart with a grey beard, but in an hour or so, she was 'playing' the piano that I opened for her, and looking up at me and laughing!

I have been storming heaven for months for a full reconciliation with all my children. I'm sure there are some rough spots still ahead, but at least they're all speaking to me now, and I've met all my grandchildren. I've been invoking Our Lord, the Blessed Mother, and St Joseph, of course, but I've been praying special prayers to St Jude and St Rita, both Patrons of difficult cases, and to St Wenceslaus, Duke of Bohemia. My wife was baptised in St Wenceslaus Church here in Wilber, and I was received into the Church (before I met her) on his Feast Day, so I think of him as a spiritual link.

Please offer prayers of thanksgiving to Our Lord and thank him for the prayers of the others.
"The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into shadow." - Theoden, King.
(09-02-2017, 11:20 PM)maldon Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 02:04 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I have five children and six (so far) grandchildren. Three of the grandchildren I had never met when my wife and I reconciled. A few weeks ago, my middle son came to visit bringing his two, so I got to meet them. I was at Mass when they arrived. When I got home, my 10 year old grandson was the first to see me as I walked through the door. He just looked up and said, 'Hi, Grandpa.'

Wonderful news. Will do.
"The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into shadow." - Theoden, King.
[-] The following 1 user Likes maldon's post:
  • jovan66102
Jovan, that is such good news!!!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Deo gratias!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • jovan66102