The Hurricane
Hurircane Irma is on the way. She will be hitting Florida maybe next week. Please pray for the refugees that tehy may find a place to sleep and pray for me that i may be able to help them.
:pray:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
:pray2: :pray2: :pray2:
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
Its crazy around here, the roads are gridlock from Miami on up, including the smaller ones.  Here in Gainesville I'm not that worried, but this could be a major disaster down south!
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
O Heavenly Father, all the elements of nature obey Thy commands, including hurricanes. Calm the storms that threaten us and turn our fear of Thy power into praise of Thy goodness.

Grant this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son, who livest and reignest with Thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end.

Amen.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Prayer to Saint Medard:

Saint Medard, patron saint for protection against bad storms, we ask you to intercede for us during the storms of our lives as well as the storms in nature.
Protect our families and our homes.
 We pray for assistance for the victims of snowstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, especially for the upcoming snowstorm that is headed our way tonight.
 Loving God, send in more helpers, and multiply resources and supplies for the aid of those in need.
 You calmed the storm on the Sea of Galilee; deliver us from the storms that are raging around us now.
 Saint Medard, pray for us.
Amen.
:pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton