Calling All the Young Fogies
Quote:Looking into the life of a contemporary English writer, I happened upon a reference to the “young fogies” of 1980s England, an assortment of men then in their first decade or two of adult life who held to the most emphatic traditionalism in various cultural and aesthetic matters. Being not only of such inclinations myself, but a confirmed Anglophile and Europhile, I was immediately fascinated. There are few things which I will find more congenial than a group of males, who at the age I now find myself, were devoted to great literature, classic architecture, and tweed sport coats long after such things had ceased to be fashionable.

Read the entire article on The Imaginative Conservative.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sanguis Christi
(09-08-2017, 01:23 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
Quote:Looking into the life of a contemporary English writer, I happened upon a reference to the “young fogies” of 1980s England, an assortment of men then in their first decade or two of adult life who held to the most emphatic traditionalism in various cultural and aesthetic matters. Being not only of such inclinations myself, but a confirmed Anglophile and Europhile, I was immediately fascinated. There are few things which I will find more congenial than a group of males, who at the age I now find myself, were devoted to great literature, classic architecture, and tweed sport coats long after such things had ceased to be fashionable.

Read the entire article on The Imaginative Conservative.

Good article. Thank you.