Archbishop condemns ‘deeply disappointing’ questioning of Catholic judicial nominee
The descent into hell continues.

Quote:Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein spurred outrage about possible religious tests for judicial appointees when she questioned a Catholic judicial nominee about what impact her faith would have on her interpretation of the law.

Reaction from Catholic leaders to the hearing for Amy Coney Barrett, nominee for a seat on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals was swift, with a leading archbishop calling the Senate hearing “deeply disappointing.”
Feinstein did not question Barrett about capital punishment cases, but rather the upholding of Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court ruling that made abortion legal.

“When you read your speeches, the conclusion one draws is that the dogma lives loudly within you. And — that’s of concern when you come to big issues that large numbers of people have fought for for years in this  country.”
Of Course Feinstein is one of the 'Chosen', but I'm sure her 'Catholic' colleague from the Left Coast, Nancy Pelosi, would agree with her.

Read the entire article on The Catholic Herald.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

This was disturbing to me, as I don't remember the press or the senator asking this many questions about Keith Ellison defending Louis Farrakhan's racist drivel or being involved with the Nation of Islam. Pro-life Catholic must be grilled. Guy involved with a blatantly racist, anti-Christian organization must be given a free pass. Got it.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil
[-] The following 3 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • dahveed, jovan66102, tuscany
Glad you are finally with the program Jeeter. Just don't forget how this works....

the with-it modern Progressives can do whatever they like. It's we Neanderthal,

backward-thinking, we-are-all-bigots, that have to watch every thing we do.
If you're in the Military or a Veteran, THANK YOU for your many sacrifices. Salute
[-] The following 2 users Like tuscany's post:
  • Jeeter, jovan66102
(09-13-2017, 12:48 AM)tuscany Wrote: Glad you are finally with the program Jeeter.  Just don't forget how this works....

the with-it modern Progressives can do whatever they like.  It's we Neanderthal,

backward-thinking, we-are-all-bigots, that have to watch every thing we do.

Thanks for clarifying for me.  I'm trying ever so hard to stay with the times. Wink

Anyways, I feel better.  Apparently Sen Feinstein is a product of Catholic education, so she wasn't being bigoted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feinst...vp-AAs4Y9S

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil
(09-18-2017, 02:18 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Thanks for clarifying for me.  I'm trying ever so hard to stay with the times. Wink

Anyways, I feel better.  Apparently Sen Feinstein is a product of Catholic education, so she wasn't being bigoted.

Didn't Jesus say something to the effect that the enemy will come from within? "Catholic" schools are anything but these days.
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
(09-18-2017, 07:35 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:18 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Thanks for clarifying for me.  I'm trying ever so hard to stay with the times. Wink

Didn't Jesus say something to the effect that the enemy will come from within? "Catholic" schools are anything but these days.

I'm not sure. I know he warned against false teachers, which is similar.

Were you thinking Cicero?

(09-19-2017, 08:16 PM)Jeeter Wrote: I'm not sure. I know he warned against false teachers, which is similar.

Were you thinking Cicero?

Nah, Jesus said a man's enemies will come from within his own house. That is what I was thinking...
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
(09-18-2017, 07:35 PM)divinesilence80 Wrote:
(09-18-2017, 02:18 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Apparently Sen Feinstein is a product of Catholic education, so she wasn't being bigoted.

Whilst I agree with your assessment of Catholic 'education' these days, Senator Feinstein is 84 and graduated from an elite convent school in 1951. I'm reasonably certain that she received an excellent, truly Catholic education at that time.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'