Fired Again, Very Discouraged, Need Prayers Please
Thumbs Down 
Hi All, it has been a really bad week for me here. Not only has my fiance asked that we postpone our wedding date (which we already have postponed once) but I was just let go from my job today. I have only been working at this place as a receptionist for two months, and they were very vague as to why they let me go. I was not happy there but it was money. Now I am so uncertain as to what to do and don't know if I will even tell my fiance about it, for it will just give him another excuse for us not to get married since we'll have less money now.

I feel like an utter and complete failure. My fiance has always worked jobs he hates but he has never been fired. This is the third time in a year that I have been fired from a job and I don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong. I was so sure that this job would last and that I would do better than I have in my previous jobs. I felt like I was doing as good a job as I could under the circumstances. I guess I am just unemployable. Anyway, please pray that I will not despair and that I will find something soon. I really am at my wit's end. My parents were so proud that I finally got a good job and now I will have to break them this news. It will break their hearts--they will be so upset.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • jovan66102
:awww: I am sorry you are going through such a rough spot now.

Blessed Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful-
Mother and love the weary, abused, neglected
or forgotten among us-
Give your aid to all needing help or healing-
Assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering-
Be with those needing peace-
Console the lonely or brokenhearted-
Comfort the lost or hopeless-
Strengthen the fearful-
Guard the unborn-
Pray for those who are dying or who have died-
Soften those with hardened hearts-
Enlighten those who do not yet see truth-
Help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go-
Show us the way to do the right thing-
Protect those who are in danger, and
Guide us from every evil.
May all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen  [Image: prayer.gif]
If you're in the Military or a Veteran, THANK YOU for your many sacrifices. :salute:
SALVE REGINA, Mater misericordiae. Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve. Ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevae. Ad te Suspiramus, gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle. Eia ergo, Advocata nostra, illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte. Et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exsilium ostende. O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria.

V. Ora pro nobis, Sancta Christi Genetrix.

R. Ut digni efficiamur promissionibus Christi.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy; our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, 0 holy Mother of Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
The Least of These

:pray2:

1 PETER 2:21:
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps.
(09-15-2017, 01:45 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Hi All, it has been a really bad week for me here. Not only has my fiance asked that we postpone our wedding date (which we already have postponed once) but I was just let go from my job today. I have only been working at this place as a receptionist for two months, and they were very vague as to why they let me go. I was not happy there but it was money. Now I am so uncertain as to what to do and don't know if I will even tell my fiance about it, for it will just give him another excuse for us not to get married since we'll have less money now.

I feel like an utter and complete failure. My fiance has always worked jobs he hates but he has never been fired. This is the third time in a year that I have been fired from a job and I don't know what to do or what I am doing wrong. I was so sure that this job would last and that I would do better than I have in my previous jobs. I felt like I was doing as good a job as I could under the circumstances. I guess I am just unemployable. Anyway, please pray that I will not despair and that I will find something soon. I really am at my wit's end. My parents were so proud that I finally got a good job and now I will have to break them this news. It will break their hearts--they will be so upset.

Hi there, please listen to what I have to say:

I have been in situations that appeared to be dire, and believe me when I say that when all seems to be hopeless it is then when God is sending you the greatest test. It seems to me that He is desperately trying to show you that you are on a wrong path. Sounds to me like God is giving you time (by not allowing you to be employed) to consider your current situation, and more importantly, your relationship. Postponement of marriage is no easy or light thing, and if its initiated from his side, now twice, I STRONGLY suggest to reconsider the whole thing on your part. Don't throw yourself "under the bus" by rushing through this important step. Your doubts and concerns about the marriage not going through because of this job issue is more evidence of weak relationship status. It sounds like you love him very much, but the same may not be said about him. Don't go through this without putting a lot of thought and then en up being hurt even more. God is giving you this opportunity to reconsider your next steps, He is not punishing you, He is being merciful and compassionate and He wants you to be happy in the future, even if that future may be in being single, rather than being married and miserable. That is my perception of your situation, I hope I was able to help in some way.
bibleandprayers.com - Prayer Videos, bible Verses, Community Prayers and more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bibleandprayers's post:
  • MRW_67
Praying for you <3

Being let go from a job is never easy especially when there is not much information given. I know in my State someone can be let go without any reason up to 90 days after their hire date - a probationary period. The company I work for have used this once or twice because one of my budget reports came back with numbers lower than projected - I felt terrible when I learned this is why the individual was let go on both occasions. They would let go of someone deemed "nonessential" - typically a clerical worker - to help until the next quarter. Sometimes business is inhumane reducing individuals to nothing but numbers :(

The reason I mention this is to perhaps give you some solace that it may not be your job performance but merely the company reacting to financial statements provided by us gremlins in the finance department. It certainly doesn't make it any easier to withstand though *hugs* Keep your chin up, and pray for guidance in interpreting this situation. I will pray that you and your fiance can also figure out what is going on for your marriage.

Stay strong! <3
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
Let us know how this develops, keep us updated! We are all supporting you!
bibleandprayers.com - Prayer Videos, bible Verses, Community Prayers and more.