Woman makes pacts with Satan to cure cancer for others...very disturbing
Very disturbing. Satan is real and hard at work turning souls away from God.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4460136/bl...ith-satan/

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(09-21-2017, 03:33 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Very disturbing. Satan is real and hard at work turning souls away from God.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4460136/bl...ith-satan/

Satan is very real, and people have been following him since the beginning. They would not do so if he never delivered on his promises. He offers power, wealth, knowledge, and the ability to attract and influence others for a price. He gives people what they want in exchange for what he wants. He does not demand to be repaid right away though. He allows them to enjoy their gifts until they are his forever, unless by God's grace the person is delivered from his clutches. They all lose in the end.
(09-21-2017, 04:50 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: Satan is very real, and people have been following him since the beginning. They would not do so if he never delivered on his promises. He offers power, wealth, knowledge, and the ability to attract and influence others for a price. He gives people what they want in exchange for what he wants. He does not demand to be repaid right away though. He allows them to enjoy their gifts until they are his forever, unless by God's grace the person is delivered from his clutches. They all lose in the end.

Paraphrasing C.S. Lewis, there are three ways of dealing with the Devil, the Christian way, acknowledging his existence and fighting him, the 'atheist' way of denying his existence, and the Satanist way of worshiping and serving him. Satan welcomes his worshiper and the non-believer in his existence with equally open arms.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Speaking of that Warning to Christian eyes, there's several definitely NSFW images on the page. Couldn't read the article when such lurid images are present.
This sort of thing has a very long history, and, rather than being a sort of “sign of the times,” I suspect that true Satanism might be more common in traditional Christian societies than in secular modernity, where belief in the existence and agency of spirits is on the wane. This is confirmed by the study of authentic folk traditions across Christendom, where formulas for how to properly appeal to Satan for vengeance are found mixed in with prayers and herbal cures. In some cultures, like in Russia, certain sorts of demonic supplications could be made while blaspheming or trampling icons.

It does follow a sort of logic, considered from the inside of a desperate, superstitious mind. There are many prayers that, from our perspective, God never deigns to answer, or God seems far-off, aloof, and unconcerned with the plight of imperfect people, belonging more to saints who fast endlessly in the wilderness or have otherwise achieved profound levels of sanctity to the point they seem removed from the day-to-day troubles of human existence. To such a soul, Satan and his angels may seem a promising solution, especially considering they may very well be the agents of disease in the first place. And the downside, eternal damnation, was either virtually assured anyway, considering the fewness of the elect, or just does not merit consideration when other factors are more pressing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cyriacus's post:
  • formerbuddhist, SaintJimmy