Is Church Authority made in the image and likeness of the Trinity?
Hello, 
I'm still studying for my Sola Scriptura debate, and I have question about the three pillars of Infallible Authority.
Is it correct to say, that the three pillars of Infallible Church Authority are Triune, that is, that they are made in the image and likeness of the Holy Trinity, and if so, how would it go? (i.e. would it be correct to say, that Sacred Tradition begets Sacred Scripture, and the Magisterium proceeds from both?)
Please clarify whether or not I'm mistaken in this.
[Image: Blessed_Virgin_Mary_Holding_Jesus_with_S...abriel.jpg]
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!
(09-25-2017, 01:30 PM)MaryLover Wrote: Hello, 
I'm still studying for my Sola Scriptura debate, and I have question about the three pillars of Infallible Authority.
Is it correct to say, that the three pillars of Infallible Church Authority are Triune, that is, that they are made in the image and likeness of the Holy Trinity, and if so, how would it go? (i.e. would it be correct to say, that Sacred Tradition begets Sacred Scripture, and the Magisterium proceeds from both?)
Please clarify whether or not I'm mistaken in this.

Short answer : No.

Quite honestly, this is a silly argument that sounds fabricated to make it appear "pious". Like arguing that a three-leaf clover is a demonstration of the Trinity.

You are making a connection that does not exist, or is so esoteric that it will not be convincing.

Like I said before, stick to the classic and certainly correct arguments.

Don't invent novel new ways. That's precisely the error of Protestants.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102