Another fall...
In my clumsiness this morning, I accidentally dropped the plastic vial containing one of my prized spiderlings, "Nimbus." He appears to have no visible injuries but I could really use your prayers that he is indeed not injured.

I placed the protection of all my invertebrates under St. James the Greater, so please ask for intercession that Nimbus will be okay. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sequentia's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(10-01-2017, 12:41 PM)Sequentia Wrote: In my clumsiness this morning, I accidentally dropped the plastic vial containing one of my prized spiderlings, "Nimbus." He appears to have no visible injuries but I could really use your prayers that he is indeed not injured.

I placed the protection of all my invertebrates under St. James the Greater, so please ask for intercession that Nimbus will be okay. Thanks!

I can't believe this, but I just prayed for a spider.
are you serious? While we are at it, let's pray for the chicken that you recently ate, or the bacon that served it's purpose on your sandwich ::D Sorry but its a bit too much.
bibleandprayers.com - Prayer Videos, bible Verses, Community Prayers and more.
Okay, I must ask and in all seriousness, why St. James the greater?   :pidey:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(10-08-2017, 11:54 AM)bibleandprayers Wrote: are you serious? While we are at it, let's pray for the chicken that you recently ate, or the bacon that served it's purpose on your sandwich ::D Sorry but its a bit too much.

A note to the ignorant:

I am not talking about your itty bitty little "house spiders." I am an arachnoculturist, meaning I care, feed, and breed different species of arachnids-including tarantulas (theraphosids) and scorpions. These are prized animals that are nothing like your fluffy kitty or puppy; this is a science as well as a conservation project. Tarantulas are giant arachnids.

My Nimbus is a prized P. irminia spider, so obviously I want him to grow up to be a giant arboreal spider as he is supposed to be...and perhaps someday, fling some substrate at me.

Before making such a comment next time, perhaps you should remember the "creeping things" referred to in Genesis 1, when God in his great mercy allowed all life to come into existence and made man. People who think pulling the legs off an arachnid is "funny" or who torment animals for enjoyment remind me of those who are perfectly okay with pulling and tearing the limbs off of unborn babies.

And to the snarky comments, the Traditional Church has prayed for animals for centuries. May I refer you to the Rituale Romanum, The Blessing of Animals?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(10-09-2017, 02:27 PM)Sequentia Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 11:54 AM)bibleandprayers Wrote: are you serious? While we are at it, let's pray for the chicken that you recently ate, or the bacon that served it's purpose on your sandwich ::D Sorry but its a bit too much.

A note to the ignorant:

I am not talking about your itty bitty little "house spiders." I am an arachnoculturist, meaning I care, feed, and breed different species of arachnids-including tarantulas (theraphosids) and scorpions. These are prized animals that are nothing like your fluffy kitty or puppy; this is a science as well as a conservation project. Tarantulas are giant arachnids.

My Nimbus is a prized P. irminia spider, so obviously I want him to grow up to be a giant arboreal spider as he is supposed to be...and perhaps someday, fling some substrate at me.

Before making such a comment next time, perhaps you should remember the "creeping things" referred to in Genesis 1, when God in his great mercy allowed all life to come into existence and made man. People who think pulling the legs off an arachnid is "funny" or who torment animals for enjoyment remind me of those who are perfectly okay with pulling and tearing the limbs off of unborn babies.

Hm... ok I can understand that, ill pray for it.
bibleandprayers.com - Prayer Videos, bible Verses, Community Prayers and more.