For my dog's health and well-being
Gland issues are common.

My beagle had issues.

Are you able to express them when they are enlarged?

I used to have my groomer express them but after researching online I tried adding pumpkin fiber to her food and now they are expressed naturally when she goes potty.

In any case, I ask St. Roch, St. Francis and St. Bosco to please intercede for your pup.
I found this article which may be helpful:

https://peterdobias.com/blogs/blog/11014...ms-in-dogs

And this is the pumpkin fiber we use:

https://www.chewy.com/diggin-your-dog-firm-up-pumpkin/dp/130964?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Diggin%27%20Your%20Dog&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQiA_5_QBRC9ARIsADVww16wmZmgCk4L-XlL6Xvh2_rBnSR0Mo9G48KW-v9TDwWPNB3SNeS08-gaAljrEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I give it to both dogs for prevention and it's solved the problem.
He's had chronic issues for a while. I'm not sure if they can be expressed gently at this point. He has a very swollen backside. He's been taken frequently to the vet with this issue and he's had the glands cauterized at least twice, but they're still quite a problem for him. They're irritated and bleed on occasion. I noticed the other day that he was scooting again, so it may be getting worse in the discomfort department...poor guy. :(

Thank you for your prayers.
There was a cancellation at the vet's clinic, so our dog can go in tomorrow morning for his surgery. If you wouldn't mind sparing a few more prayers for him, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
(11-15-2017, 04:43 PM)In His Love Wrote: There was a cancellation at the vet's clinic, so our dog can go in tomorrow morning for his surgery. If you wouldn't mind sparing a few more prayers for him, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Praying for your pup!

What kind of dog is Bandit?  (Love his name  :heart:)
(11-15-2017, 05:12 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-15-2017, 04:43 PM)In His Love Wrote: There was a cancellation at the vet's clinic, so our dog can go in tomorrow morning for his surgery. If you wouldn't mind sparing a few more prayers for him, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Praying for your pup!

What kind of dog is Bandit?  (Love his name  :heart:)
Thank you! Bandit is a Shih Tzu.  :)
Bandit is out of surgery now. It went well! Thank you all very much for your prayers!  :)
(11-16-2017, 05:17 PM)In His Love Wrote: Bandit is out of surgery now. It went well! Thank you all very much for your prayers!  :)

So glad to hear it!  I was praying for both of you today. :)

My pups got their shots today.  :P

I have a mobile vet who comes to my house.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • In His Love
(11-16-2017, 06:49 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 05:17 PM)In His Love Wrote: Bandit is out of surgery now. It went well! Thank you all very much for your prayers!  :)

Aww, thank you!  :) I really appreciate it.

A mobile vet sounds really convenient!
(11-16-2017, 06:59 PM)In His Love Wrote:
(11-16-2017, 06:49 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:

Aww, thank you!  :) I really appreciate it.

A mobile vet sounds really convenient!

They can only do the simple things--no surgery or anything.

But it's great since I'm homebound and have to hire someone to drive. :)