New "Tridentine" missal in 2018?
This looks like another attempt to fragment traditional Catholics further.
Oremus pro Pontifice nostro Francesco. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum. Amen.

Remember, priest of God, celebrate this Mass as if it were your first time, as if it were your last time, as if it were your only time.
(10-08-2017, 01:14 PM)Pro Tridentina (Malta) Wrote: This looks like another attempt to fragment traditional Catholics further.

Another baseless rumor quoting "anonymous sources" "close to" whoever, and ignoring the reality of the situation and designed to scare those who live on the 24-hour rumor cycle.

The SSPX, for one, I am sure would never agree to such, and clearly would never accept some "agreement" if they knew that something unacceptable would be imposed upon them later along.
I don’t put too much faith in this, but there are a few feast days on which I absolutely refuse to attend the Novus Ordo. Aside from the obvious differences between the two liturgies, the readings themselves seem to have been chosen in a way so as to intentionally distort the Church’s teachings. Two particularly strong examples would be the Requiem Mass and the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.

When I look at the two funeral liturgies side by side, I am inclined to think the two simply don’t represent the same faith. The Feast of St. Mary Magdalene isn’t much better. One liturgy’s gospel is the story of Mary anointing Jesus’ feet and drying them with her hair. For centuries, Mary Magdalene was thought to have been that woman, and if not a reformed prostitute, certainly a woman’s who once had a very bad reputation. The Nouvelle Theologie and the Historical-Critical method of studying scripture cast doubt on that. Why?  Is it so hard to believe that one so close to Jesus had once been so bad?  Or is it because giving attention to one who once lived a sexually immoral life is too much of a focus on the need for repentance and therefore the reality of sin, particularly sins that the enemies of the Faith cherish the most?

While I don’t put too much faith in this rumor, I think we are foolish if we think that the enemies of the Faith who hold power and influence in the Church are simply going to accept defeat now that we have Summorum Pontificum.
(10-08-2017, 04:47 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: For centuries, Mary Magdalene was thought to have been that woman, and if not a reformed prostitute, certainly a woman’s who once had a very bad reputation. The Nouvelle Theologie and the Historical-Critical method of studying scripture cast doubt on that. Why?  Is it so hard to believe that one so close to Jesus had once been so bad?  Or is it because giving attention to one who once lived a sexually immoral life is too much of a focus on the need for repentance and therefore the reality of sin, particularly sins that the enemies of the Faith cherish the most?

Or perhaps it's simply an effort to get rid of as much of the tradition of the Church as possible, as though modern man knows better than people who lived before him. It's not explicitly in the Bible, so it has to go.

Interesting you should mention the two Masses you did, though - there's a connection between Mary Magdalene and the funeral Mass: they changed the Dies iræ to read Peccatricem qui solvisti instead of Qui Mariam absolvisti.
(10-08-2017, 04:47 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: I don’t put too much faith in this, but there are a few feast days on which I absolutely refuse to attend the Novus Ordo. Aside from the obvious differences between the two liturgies, the readings themselves seem to have been chosen in a way so as to intentionally distort the Church’s teachings. Two particularly strong examples would be the Requiem Mass and the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.
How about the Feast of Christ the King? Not only did they move it, they changed the prayers and readings to eviscerate the traditional doctrine that Christ should reign as King of our hearts, our homes, our societies, and our nations.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(10-08-2017, 09:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:47 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: I don’t put too much faith in this, but there are a few feast days on which I absolutely refuse to attend the Novus Ordo. Aside from the obvious differences between the two liturgies, the readings themselves seem to have been chosen in a way so as to intentionally distort the Church’s teachings. Two particularly strong examples would be the Requiem Mass and the feast of St. Mary Magdalene.
How about the Feast of Christ the King? Not only did they move it, they changed the prayers and readings to eviscerate the traditional doctrine that Christ should reign as King of our hearts, our homes, our societies, and our nations.

That’s another one. I’ll make sure to go to the Traditional Latin Mass that day. I don’t mind that feast day as much in the Novus Ordo, since it is placed at a different time and I won’t be choosing it over the traditional feast, but if I had to choose one over the other there’d be no doubt I would attend the Traditional Latin Mass.
It would be disastrous for anyone to tinker with the missal without the input of the traditional orders and even the SSPX. I think in the long term it would be good to update the Tridentine calendar with at least the new saints (although I know there are some sede types that don't recognize the new canonizations), but messing with anything else would work out terribly.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]

When I look at the two funeral liturgies side by side, I am inclined to think the two simply don’t represent the same faith. The Feast of St. Mary Magdalene isn’t much better. One liturgy’s gospel is the story of Mary anointing Jesus’ feet and drying them with her hair. For centuries, Mary Magdalene was thought to have been that woman, and if not a reformed prostitute, certainly a woman’s who once had a very bad reputation. The Nouvelle Theologie and the Historical-Critical method of studying scripture cast doubt on that. Why?  Is it so hard to believe that one so close to Jesus had once been so bad?  Or is it because giving attention to one who once lived a sexually immoral life is too much of a focus on the need for repentance and therefore the reality of sin, particularly sins that the enemies of the Faith cherish the most?

While I don’t put too much faith in this rumor, I think we are foolish if we think that the enemies of the Faith who hold power and influence in the Church are simply going to accept defeat now that we have Summorum Pontificum.

You are spot on with respect to the Requiem. The Office of the Dead is somehow worse; the rites surrounding the departed are where I really wonder if traditional Catholicism and the NO are the same faith. Regarding St. Mary Magdalene, I'm not sure that's a case of doctrinal squishiness as much as it is, as you mention, a case of historical-critical reasoning winning the day over western tradition. In this connection, it is interesting that the eastern churches never identified the Magdalene with the woman who anointed Christ's feet; eastern tradition is that she was a righteous woman even before before converting to Christ and that she is buried in Ephesus.
O unashamed intercessor of Christians, ever loyal advocate before the Creator, do not disregard the prayerful voice of sinners but in your goodness hasten to assist us who trustfully cry out to you: Intercede always, O Mother of God, in behalf of those who honor you!
Whatever the reason, it should not come to this. Already division is occurring.
Oremus pro Pontifice nostro Francesco. Dominus conservet eum, et vivificet eum, et beatum faciat eum in terra, et non tradat eum in animam inimicorum. Amen.

Remember, priest of God, celebrate this Mass as if it were your first time, as if it were your last time, as if it were your only time.
(10-10-2017, 05:35 AM)Pro Tridentina (Malta) Wrote: Whatever the reason, it should not come to this. Already division is occurring.

...or you're just making it a flashy and controversial story to get some traffic and relevance.

Instead of following the forum rules (Cf. No. 2 here) and etiquette in which you would cite and post the articles in question, you're just posting cryptic links directing more people to your website, just as you did with the first post. Give that you're running ads on that site, this is a great way to earn a little extra money.

I tend to agree with RC, since as your original post suggested these changes were coming and you knew the SSPX would be given a "temporary exemption" in order to make an "agreement" work. Why would the SSPX agree to something under those conditions, since if you know it's "temporary" then surely the SSPX would know that?

Care to reveal your "sources" since, as you say, if we check with them we will find out your rumors are correct? Who do we write or call to get the facts?