Question about Blessed Salt
So I'm thinking about buying a box of kosher salt to take to my priest to have blessed. I'd like to have it exorcised and blessed according to the traditional Roman Ritual, but I couldn't find a rite JUST for salt; it's attached to the rite of blessing for holy water here

Is it possible to have a priest just exorcise and bless it, or should I try to have a priest bless some holy water too?
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
Why not get the holy water too!

I am pretty sure that you can have the salt blessed and exorcised outside of the ritual for blessing holy water.
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
(10-18-2017, 11:49 PM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: So I'm thinking about buying a box of kosher salt to take to my priest to have blessed. I'd like to have it exorcised and blessed according to the traditional Roman Ritual, but I couldn't find a rite JUST for salt; it's attached to the rite of blessing for holy water here

Is it possible to have a priest just exorcise and bless it, or should I try to have a priest bless some holy water too?

Our priest (traditional) blesses religious articles on the third Sunday of every month and if I have salt that I want to have blessed I take it to him then. I've done this for years and there has never been a problem. I usually buy sea salt, and once it is blessed I use it mainly in cooking. There is an interesting page about blessed salt and it's uses right here on Fisheaters:
https://www.fisheaters.com/salt.html

Hope this helps!
"..the hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rules the world" -William Ross Wallace