The global ecosystem is rapidly collapsing;insect biomass plummets 75% in one generat
I was thinking about this this morning.  What if the whole global warming thing and the movement to fix climate change is just to put a lid on the actual problem, this imminent food chain collapse?  Is that plausible?  If it was common knowledge that a majority of life on earth was about to go extinct, and most of the rest would starve, society would collapse.  Climate change seems to give enough explanation to the people who will see signs of ecosystem collapse in their own area, so that they don't freak out and become hoarders.  It also lets them think its possible to turn things around if we put in the effort, because "we know what's causing the problem."
(10-27-2017, 09:09 AM)Melkite Wrote: I was thinking about this this morning.  What if the whole global warming thing and the movement to fix climate change is just to put a lid on the actual problem, this imminent food chain collapse?  Is that plausible?  If it was common knowledge that a majority of life on earth was about to go extinct, and most of the rest would starve, society would collapse.  Climate change seems to give enough explanation to the people who will see signs of ecosystem collapse in their own area, so that they don't freak out and become hoarders.  It also lets them think its possible to turn things around if we put in the effort, because "we know what's causing the problem."
I don't know.  I tend to think one could get people to put in effort and try to turn things around by showing them how certain actions cause a drastic loss of biodiversity; e.g. showing that certain pesticides are linked to bee colony collapse, leading to less pollination by insects, leading to less flora for herbivores, etc, etc, so we need to find an alternative solution.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
When I posted this article that opened this thread, I thought it wasn't such a big thing, really, but then i saw this video and I have drastically changed my attitude about all of this. The dying off of the insects is a very ominous sign in reality. It is an indicator of a larger and quite threatening occurance that is global in scope, not just Germany.

Back in the early 80s, I went to a solar observatory, having a curiosity about the sun since childhood when I'd go to the Griffith Observatory in the Hollywood Hills and observe the sun on their solar telescope. So, I was intrigued, and I went the next step and visited Sunspot near Cloudcroft, NM and the National Solar Observatory there. The scientists were talking, among many other things, but this peaked my interest, about how the sun had begun to emmit light radiation in very high ultraviolet ranges, beyond UVa and UVb, into what they began to call UVc. This level of radiation was at energy levels just below x-rays. It was dangerous, but they believed that the ozone layer would filter out most of this radiation.

Now, today, there is evidence that the ozone layer is on the verge of collapse, as in being gone and very soon. It seems the spraying of these particulates in the chemtrails (ya, please, admit it, its true) is accelerating the demise of the ozone layer by interfering with the production of ozone. This is allowing that UVc to get through and this is damaging the DNA of every living thing on the earth, including insects, which are the most susceptible. Even trees are beginning to show signs of burning and the insects that attack dying trees atre proliferating...oddly. the scientists aren't making the connection, since no known disease is killing the trees, yet the insects are increasing. The system of progression is twisted.

This video explains it quite well and it is mostly just a radio program, so you can listen while you do something else, but LISTEN. This is vitally important. The interviewee brings up some very dangerous issues that the world as a whole will be facing very soon. The idea that the sun would burn we humans, those prophecies of Mary and others, could be about to be realized!

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ry_cACDWyY]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
This video is a great supporting evidence video to the above:

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain