Starting RCIA Thursday
There is little anxiety with the Traditional Catholic Church. Please check out http://www.stmaryskssspxmc.com/?page_id=377 for a Traditional Catholic Catechism in lecture format.
(03-25-2018, 09:29 AM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: First Palm Sunday for me today <3 The day is getting close, but so is the devil. I've had so many people try and convince me this is not my path (let alone my husband divorcing me because of this choice), but I'm staying strong (in fact, I'm more certain now than I have ever been); however, I could certainly use the prayers if you can all still spare them. I know I've been asking for them for a very long time now, and I appreciate them all.
Stand strong! You're doing the right thing. Just think, in six days, you'll be a new Soldier for Christ! Continued prayers! :pray:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Thank you <3 I'm counting down the days.

Tonight was the Penance Service. It was the first one I've ever attended. I, obviously, didn't go to confession but it was amazing to watch the change in people (it was practically visible) when they came out of the confessional. I watched one family sit with some serious space between themselves in the pew prior to the confessions, and afterward, the father had his arms around his family on the pew. Absolutely beautiful! <3 Seeing that was just what I needed this week to confirm even more that I am in the right place :)
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
(03-26-2018, 09:26 PM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Thank you <3 I'm counting down the days.
Have you attended the Triduum in the past? It's an amazing sequence of Services! I haven't been able to make the whole three days for several years but, God willin' and the crick don't rise (as my Dad used to say), I plan on being there all three nights.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • IntoTheMystic
I've never attended it in the past. I am super excited though :) Everything so far has been absolutely incredible. Since I am single now I have been spending at least an hour per day in the church alone and I have to say that has really put the whole process into high gear. There is nothing as wonderful as spending an hour or two with our Lord. A very deep profound Love is developing. Even when I go to bed I don't feel as if I am alone. It's a very strange feeling, but it's made everything recently easier and everything I've learned real (there's a difference for me between intellectual understanding and knowledge with the heart (as I call it)). Even though I'm alone I don't feel alone or lonely.

Sorry, perhaps that all sounds weird LOL

I've also been praying the Little Office daily for a few weeks now, and that has had some amazing influence upon my life. The things about the faith I worried would be hard to practice come easily. My religion has become my life, and I can say I've never been happier. :) I really do want to thank you, Jovan (and everyone else) on this site for your prayers. They are working in profound ways. Without having found this site I worry I would have fallen away from this all as I was attending a NO parish because it was convenient, but it felt very dead. Once I started attending a Traditional parish and received one on one instruction with my priest I knew this was the one true Church...not from knowledge alone but from the heart (along with the RCIA...although I noticed that left most folks with more questions than knowledge...and many from the class couldn't even explain their obligations when it finished :( ).

I feel like I'm rambling LOL so I'll leave it here.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
I doesn't sound weird at all! So you are going to get to experience the Traditional Triduum? I envy you! I haven't been able to do that in over ten years. I'm just glad that I'll be able to attend the whole thing at my Parish Church, with reverent Services and orthodox preaching. We've been chanting the Kyrie in Greek, and the Sanctus, Mysterium Fidei, and Pater in Latin throughout Lent and I'm hoping Father keeps that going.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Sorry for not responding sooner Jovan. Yes, it's a Traditional Triduum. I didn't get home last night until about 12:30am :) It was wonderful! Today was also wonderful. How has your experience been so far this year? Were you lucky enough to continue with the Latin as you hoped?

Tomorrow is the big day :)
(03-30-2018, 08:59 PM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Sorry for not responding sooner Jovan. Yes, it's a Traditional Triduum. I didn't get home last night until about 12:30am :) It was wonderful! Today was also wonderful. How has your experience been so far this year? Were you lucky enough to continue with the Latin as you hoped?

Tomorrow is the big day :)

It's been as beautiful as a solidly orthodox Priest can make the NO. I wish it was the Traditional Rite, but it's 25 miles to the FSSP seminary, I don't drive and my Cuter & Shorter Half long ago fell away from the Faith. Since we weren't singing the responses tonight they were in English. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. 

I figured God would know who IntoTheMystic was when I prayed for you at the Solemn Intercession for Catechumens! :)

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Boom. Catholic! <3 Thank you, Jovan, and everyone for your heartfelt prayers. I know they have helped! <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntoTheMystic's post:
  • Dominicus
Congratulations! And happy Easter!
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!