Marmite
Yeah, you do. Eat it daily for a week and see what happens.

Spooky

Vegemite is a great fast and temporary relief from sore throats.
I tried Vegemite once... I learned you needed three tools for properly handling it:

[Image: 15639.jpg]   [Image: tongs.jpg]
[Image: dumpster1.jpg]

Paul Wrote:I tried Vegemite once... I learned you needed three tools for properly handling it:

[Image: 15639.jpg] [Image: tongs.jpg]
[Image: dumpster1.jpg]

What a whimp! Only once? [Image: huhuh.gif]
Aviano Wrote:Ah, Spooks. Toss the Marmite and get yourself some Nutella! [Image: smile.gif]

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Nutella. [Image: gimmefood.gif]
Liza_Do_A_Lot Wrote:What a whimp! Only once? [Image: huhuh.gif]

Well, unless you count the aftertaste for the rest of the day. ;) Yeast is not food!
Ok, due to Marty's generous generosity by sending me some real Vegemite, I will compare the two.

Vegemite is infinitely superior in palatablity. The texture is also easier to spread, as the Marmite is more "stringy", a bit like honey but thicker. Vegemite is much better, imho. I wouldn't describe either as yummy right off the bat, but rather something to get used to.
I tried both on 100% Whole Wheat bread, toasted, spread first with real butter.

Btw, should I refrigerate the open jars?
PsychoMonkey Wrote:
Aviano Wrote:Ah, Spooks. Toss the Marmite and get yourself some Nutella! [Image: smile.gif]

What is Nutella?
Spooky7272 Wrote:
PsychoMonkey Wrote:

What is Nutella?

Do you not have Nutella where you live? It is a chocolate and hazelnut spread that you can put on bread, in the absence of which one is compelled to finish the (truly inconvenient) pot with a spoon. Mind your cholesterol, though.
GrumpyTroll Wrote:
Spooky7272 Wrote:What is Nutella?
Do you not have Nutella where you live? It is a chocolate and hazelnut spread that you can put on bread, in the absence of which one is compelled to finish the (truly inconvenient) pot with a spoon. Mind your cholesterol, though.

And, Spooks, it's Eye-talian, too!

The main website: http://www.nutella.it/

The USA website: http://www.nutellausa.com/