Lonely and Tempted
I would like to ask for prayers because I am struggling with loneliness and temptations towards impurity. I recently stopped living with my fiance and moved home with my family, and it has been a difficult transition. I miss being able to see my fiance every day and I miss living in a busy, bustling city. I am trying to kick my masturbation addiction and the withdrawal symptoms I'm facing are horrible and leave me in a foul mood nearly every day. I'm also frustrated that it will be almost 8 whole months until I can be married and not have to worry about falling into sins of impurity with my fiance. Everything we struggle with now would not be a sin if we were married...

Thanks for your prayers. Through God's grace, I was able to complete the last of my 9 first Friday devotions today. Hopefully that will open up a few more channels of grace for me.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(11-03-2017, 03:01 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I would like to ask for prayers because I am struggling with loneliness and temptations towards impurity. I recently stopped living with my fiance and moved home with my family, and it has been a difficult transition. I miss being able to see my fiance every day and I miss living in a busy, bustling city. I am trying to kick my masturbation addiction and the withdrawal symptoms I'm facing are horrible and leave me in a foul mood nearly every day. I'm also frustrated that it will be almost 8 whole months until I can be married and not have to worry about falling into sins of impurity with my fiance. Everything we struggle with now would not be a sin if we were married...

Thanks for your prayers. Through God's grace, I was able to complete the last of my 9 first Friday devotions today. Hopefully that will open up a few more channels of grace for me.

Prayers for you.

It is my understanding the Church before Vatican II did not make the engaged wait so long to get married, specifically to not put people in a state of temptation for so long.  And they hardly had any divorces.  Now you have to wait at least 6 months for all of these pre marriage classes, which apparently dont help in the least bit, considering the diocesan tribunals state later in many "annulment cases that these couples were essentially too stupid or immature to understand what marriage was....
[-] The following 1 user Likes BC's post:
  • SacraCor714
I remembered you during the All Saint's Day Mass. I will try and keep you in my intentions and this Sunday's Mass.

You speak to my heart, because I went through what you are currently experiencing. I had a long engagement and courtship with my wife, about 2 years, and it was a terrible ordeal. I had struggles and temptations just like you, and honestly it wasn't until marriage that I found myself able to overcome my temptations better. Keep praying, keep fighting the good fight, and make sure that you and your fiance work to prepare yourselves for a strong, sustainable marriage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SacraCor714