Greetings from Indy!
Laudetur Iesus Christus! I'll admit up front, I'm a bit nervous about posting in forums and generally don't like to draw attention to myself in society (real or Internet), but since I know Vox Clamantis to be a stand-up gal and the general atmosphere at FE seems pretty friendly, I'll give it a shot. I suppose I should introduce myself:

* I'm 24 years old (born May 1993).

* I have Asperger syndrome (high-functioning autism). It doesn't define who I am, but it definitely affects how I navigate the world, in both good and bad ways.

* I've been Catholic since April 2010 and a Traditionalist since April 2016 (though I've been leaning that way ever since I converted and first felt the pull back in September 2015).

* The Traditional Latin Mass is always my first choice, but I also appreciate the Divine Worship (Anglican Use) Mass and the Byzantine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom.

* I'm a distributist, an integralist, a monarchist, a counterrevolutionary, and a general all-around "young fogey."

* I'm a huge fan of Chesterton, Lewis, Tolkien, and Watterson.

* I like to mark my Sundays and holydays with a good pipe and a good drink (AFTER hearing Holy Mass, of course).

* Despite my profile picture being a cartoon dog, my favorite animals amid the pageantry of God's Creation are felines of all stripes (though canines are a close second).

* Speaking of my profile picture, my favorite fictional character of all time is Nick Park's Gromit - Jesus and Mary are King and Queen of my life as an adult, but Gromit was the undisputed king of my childhood.

Within the broad landscape of what it means to be a "Traditional Catholic," I suppose I fit somewhere in the middle on most of the major issues:

* I believe Vatican II was a valid Ecumenical Council, but that its documents were predominantly pastoral in nature and therefore not binding on the faithful (and, in practice, have contributed mightily to the current crisis by their deliberately ambiguous and self-contradictory nature).

* I believe the Novus Ordo Missae - at least in the original Latin - to be a valid re-presentation of the Sacrifice of Calvary, but I have enough concerns about the faulty vernacular translations and the potentially schismatic nature of the rite itself that I avoid the New Mass at all costs unless family obligations compel me to attend. (In conjunction with that, yes, I acknowledge that the Anglican Use has some of the same problems, but since it at least offers the traditional Prayers at the Foot of the Altar, Offertory, and Last Gospel as options, I'm still willing to give it a chance.)

* I believe that Popes John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI were all validly elected Successors of St. Peter - regardless of whether or not they were good Popes - but the circumstances surrounding Benedict's resignation are suspicious enough, and his apparent understanding of the papacy erroneous enough, that I'm 99% convinced he did not validly abdicate the Throne. (Whether Jorge "Francis" Bergoglio is a manifest heretic or not doesn't even show up on my radar - since I've never been, am not now, and never will be a Sedevacantist, I consider that judgment call to be well above my pay grade.)

* Until the Society of St. Pius X is fully reconciled to Rome with no strings attached, I prefer to worship "inside the structures," but I have nothing but the greatest love and respect for Abp. Lefebvre (and Bp. de Castro Mayer, for that matter), I agree wholeheartedly with the Ecclesia Dei Commission's judgment that the S.S.P.X. are not now (and never have been) in formal schism, and, if it were the only church in the area offering the Mass of the Ages, I would happily assist at one of their chapels.

* I do not believe that the Consecration of Russia by the Pope and the College of Bishops has been done according to Our Lady of Fatima's request, nor do I believe that Sr. Lucia magically "changed her mind" regarding the attempted 1984 consecration by John Paul II (nor, additionally, that anyone who tries to have it both ways - including, I'm very sorry to say, Cdl. Burke - can be described as an unqualified "friend of Fatima").

Please understand, I pass no judgment on anyone who disagrees with the above points. They're simply meant to show where I currently stand in the Traditional Catholic universe and I believe that, when introducing yourself to a new and diverse group of people, it's best to put all your cards on the table. ("Honesty is the best politics," as Stan Laurel would say.)

That's about all I have to say; if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. But, before you do, I have a question for the forum: Does anyone else here live in Circle City (Indianapolis) or within driving distance thereof?
[-] The following 1 user Likes GromitusRex1993's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
Welcome to the forum, new fishie! Hi!

I don't live in Indy, but maybe one of us does!
GromitusRex-Check your PMs.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Addendum regarding the question of the Bergoglio pontificate: Though I still remain sympathetic to the so-called Barnhardt Thesis, after a lot of soul-searching, I came to the conclusion that the scenario she paints - an Antipope on the Chair and an invalidly resigned Pope who refuses to do his job - would be essentially no different than that painted by the Sedevacantists, which we know can't be right unless Christ lied to us about the gates of Hell not prevailing against the Church. Thankfully, Bishop Emeritus Rene Gracida of Corpus Christi provided something of a third way position which I finally came to adopt as my own:

https://abyssum.org/2018/01/23/pray-for-...edict-xvi/

Though His Excellency has recently changed his position - he now thinks Francis' election is most likely invalid due to the Sankt-Gallen Mafia violating the norms of Universi Dominici Gregis - I think the schema he lays out here is the only one that doesn't leave Petrine Succession in the dust: Francis is indeed Pope, but only in a juridical/administrative sense, since that was the only power Pope Benedict intended to relinquish (see his Last General Audience for reference).
Welcome to the tank, GromitusRex1993. I'm not in driving distance, but not too far from it, along the wild borders of Ohio.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.