For my alcoholic brother in law
I would appreciate some prayers for my (future) brother in law. His name is Rick and he is 23 years old. His parents are separated and he has no one to pray for him. He is a funny, caring, handsome, and hardworking young man, but he has lost his way and no longer goes to church. His father is an alcoholic and I fear the same genes have been passed down to Rick. The severity of Rick's drinking is such that sometimes I fear for his life. He is so young and has so much potential. Please keep him in your prayers that God will protect him and help him find his way back home. Thank you all.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

As someone who has suffered from alcoholism around that time (23-25) myself I know just how hard it can be to kick that habit. Now the only wine I have is at Mass LOL. I will pray for your future brother in law to return to the church and to be given the strength to handle whatever it is behind the drinking that is causing him to overindulge. I'd like to recommend a book that I found was super helpful to me when I was sobering up a few years ago. It's NOT a Catholic book, and the writer does say some problematic things; however, the helpfulness of the book in nixing the habit makes up for this in my mind. It changed my perspective on booze and I can honestly say I do not desire a drink anymore. Perhaps it will be helpful for your further brother in law as well :) <3

"This Naked Mind" by Annie Grace

https://www.amazon.com/This-Naked-Mind-R...0996715002
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
Praying to the Holy Spirit to give your brother guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom to overcome his temptations.
May the Holy Spirit forever guide you throughout life’s journey.
Pax et Bonum  :crucifix:
Thank you, All. I will look into that book as well. God bless all of you.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

I just caught this.  I'll keep him in my Rosary intentions for the day.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Pater, Ave, Gloria. :pray2:
I'm a recovering alcoholic. Rick and your family are in my prayers.
"Those who are seeking the true religion will never find it outside the Catholic Church alone, because, in every other religion, if they trace it up to the author, they will find some impostor whose imagination furnished a mass of sophisms and errors." -St. Alphonsus Liguori

"I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation." - Pope St. Pius X

Your brother-in-law to be in among my Rosary intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.