Arthritis
Anyone else have arthritis, specifically due to a broken bone ?  I had a full break of my left arm in 1990, and in the 27 years since then, I've only had to take aspirin, a few times because of pain, until that is last Sunday. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but it was a pretty damp weekend in my area, and fairly bad pain flared up in the area of the break. It's bothered me ever since Sunday, and the strange thing is, I have 3 other broken bones, and they've been fine with not so much as a twinge of pain.
Pain in a bone that has been fractured in the past is a common complaint. There are nerve bundles in the bone tissue that can become activated over time from things as innocent as changes in humidity or barometric pressure. As the bone tissue ages, the nerve endings can become more sensitive and use of NSAIDs (like Aspirin or Ibuprofen) can eventually become less effective. This is not arthritis. Arthritis can be Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis and these are not associated with fractures, except for fractures of joints which can become arthritic over time.

Sometimes warm, moist heat compresses or soaking the part in moderately hot water with Epsom salts can be effective at elevating pain in areas of old fractures.

You didn't mention where this fracture is located on your arm, but the amount of stress and use can effect the area where the fracture took place, as can how well the bone fracture healed. If there was some granulation of the bone structure, this could effect strength and structure of the fractured areas' healing.

The body is a complex thing and some of the littlest things can make big changes in our sensory responses to what goes on in our bodies. I hope something simple will help you overcome this milady.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
I had a full break 3 inches of the elbow. It's very rarely bothered me in the past, and I did nothing to aggravate it, but now it's going 6 days, which never happened before. Interesting that the pain began on a rainy weekend, where other people told me they were aching, but my pain stayed when the weather turned back to sunny and dry.
Aspirin has helped a little and I actually felt great the two times I went to the healthclub since Sunday.
(11-10-2017, 10:44 PM)Eric F Wrote: Aspirin has helped a little and I actually felt great the two times I went to the healthclub since Sunday.

Aspirin is a great anti-inflammatory drug and that is mainly how it reduces pain. Exercise is always helpful when dealing with bone pain as well. Good regimen you have, but don't forget everything in moderation. When it comes to injuries and exercise in general, "no pain no gain" is a fool's errand.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • Eric F
Thanks. I know what you mean. I workout as hard in my 50's as I did in my 20's, but I rest longer now, and if something doesn't feel right, I stop what I'm doing. Broken arm pain came on Sunday and was gone this last Sunday when I woke up. No idea why, but I'll be paying attention as the rains return.
My father had it. It was really hard for him. He just needs to eat whats right.
My friend, Arthuritis, has been with me since I was a boy. I thank God that my hands are not gnarled and crippled as my Grandmother's were when she was my age. However, every year, with the coming of cold weather, it's a bit worse. So far, I've been able to control the pain with aspirin, capsaicin based creams and ointments, menthol based liniments, such as Absorbine Jr. (the reason it's 'Jr.' is that Absorbine 'Sr.' is horse liniment!), and heat. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe