An Alarming New Religion Appears in the United States
SSPX NEWS: Alarming New Religion

SSPX NewsSite
November 15, 2017

An Alarming New Religion Appears in the United States

“Way of the Future” is a new religious organization whose officially approved statutes say its goal is to “develop and promote the realization of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence” in order to “contribute to the betterment of society”.
Behind this initiative is a major Silicon Valley figure, Anthony Levandowski, a 37-year-old engineer, and the father of Waymo, Google’s self-driving car. In September of 2017, the American magazine Wiredrevealed that the engineer wants to “promote the realization of a Godhead based on Artificial Intelligence”. The project would seem laughable if he were not a follower of a dangerous school of thought: transhumanism.
The idea behind transhumanism is for man to one day be absorbed by machines, and this idea is gradually leaving scientific ideology behind and creeping into the religious field. Anthony Levandowski also believes in the “concept of singularity” that for transhumanists means the day computers will surpass man and enter new era.
“Transhumanism is a progressive and religious form of delirium, which is likely to spread in France and the West,” warns Natalia Trouiller, director of a communications association. Why? “First of all, because of humanity’s perpetual temptation to save itself through its own strength,” she explains, before adding, “then because of the contemporary world’s fascination with Gnosticism, which consists in seeing the body as a hindrance and dreaming of being rid of it”.[/size][/color]
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Wow.  Doesn't surprise me though.  This video helped me understand what transhumanism really is:

Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Bonaventure
"The Six Million Dollar Man" was TV's way of beginning to indoctrinate the masses into the idea of a cyborg or trans-human. They made it as a medical feat to correct an injury, that just 'happened' to also give him superhuman abilities. This notion is outwardly being promoted by these computer neo-elitists, who want to be able to interface our brains with a centralized computer 'brain', to make the human an improved, superhuman; a trans-human.

This is well beyond spooky and into the realm of diabolical in the potential for abuse and utter control of humanity by an inhuman entity, one that is proven to be 'hackable' given the right tools, and I don't doubt that this trans-human technology, this brain to computer link up will be easily hacked by Satan's minions, be they human, trans-human or trans-dimensional. Satan must be wringing his clawed hands in anxious waiting for this opportunity to seize man's ability to interact/communicate with the Maker. To override our brain's ability to do anything save what the Fallen Ones want.

Heaven help us!!

Edited to add:

SciFi is really Future Fi. It often is a warning over a direction society is headed.

Isaac Asimov was one of my favorite SciFi writers and he wrote many books on robotic themes. He came to a rather poinient conclusion; that robots/AI needed constrains or it would find humankind an infestation to eliminate. The following was his fix and it could work, but it may be too late to initiate. All AI or robots with AI should have these laws as primary in their memories and operating systems. If only we'd listened to him!

Quote:Dr Asimov describes the three laws of robotics.

First Law
: A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Second Law: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Third Law: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
I posted the following on Rod Dreher's blog over at the American Conservative a few weeks ago (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/d.../#comments). The topic was automation and the coming mass displacement of people, but I touched upon transhumanism as well. These are the two movements that will challenge fundamental beliefs about what it means to be human and finite--I firmly believe this. The scant press given to this by people--Catholic or not--worries me. Thus, we must look to artists (e.g., Philip K Dick).  

(If you want an idea what transhumanists believe, check out this reader: 
https://www.amazon.com/Transhumanist-Rea...nshumanism )

While this topic may not be as sexy (not in that theology-of-the-body kind of way, though) for traditionalists/conservatives (here I do *not* repeat myself) to argue as is gay “marriage” or an internecine theological difference, more trads/conservos and people of *merely human* good will need to start thinking about the legal, moral, philosophical, and theological challenges that automation and transhumanism (the OTHER biggie) will/must bring to all of the developed world in the coming decades.
Yes, when–not if–mass joblessness comes, will hordes of people suddenly find life meaningless and resort to continuous virtual reality absorption or perpetual chemical stimulation or even suicide? (More so than we already do, I suppose….) What if robots start organizing human suicide cults?

What will ethicists say about people who want to marry robots? Or: use 3D printers to produce prototypes of human-robot progeny? (Google that one…far out.) Or: can you imagine a scene in which Catholic bishops are arguing whether people who have divorced their robots spouses and remarried other robots should be allowed to receive communion? Or: will wanting to marry a robot of the same designated gender be deemed more unnatural (double natural law whammy, says St. Tommy A) than wanting to marry only a person of the same gender?

Transhumanism? If, as some have speculated, the first child who will live to be a thousand has already been born, will that (further) fundamentally change the way we see the ostensibly binding nature of marriage? Really, I doubt even the most devout, rosary-praying, Latin Mass-going, Marian standard of dress-wearing Catholic will want to stay married to the same person for 800+ years. Talk about life being a vale of tears….Will future generations look back on us and think: They actually believed (*gasp*) in death–much like many us say about our grandparents in regard to homespun “racist” beliefs?

Perhaps the saddest aspect about all of this is that satire is now all but impossible to write. One need only to read any given news site on any given day (e.g., Drudge Report 10/31 headline: Miami man told police girlfriend’s mutilated body was blow-up doll with human flesh) to find a story that invalidates the need for satire. Waugh wept.

Southern writer Allen Tate argued nearly a century ago that the task of the man of letters is to renew in each generation what it means to be human. Perhaps if robots eventually replace all jobs in the future, that one will still be taking human applicants. Will anybody still care?
[-] The following 3 users Like Bourbon Apocalypse's post:
  • BC, formerbuddhist, VoxClamantis
(11-18-2017, 08:35 PM)Zedta Wrote:

First Law
: A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Second Law: A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Z! You left out the Third LawA robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws. Big Grin
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta
This is one of the dangers of Atheism.  When this life is all there is, those brazen and perverted enough will eventually resort to transhumanism to extend it as long as possible.

I try to do small things to thwart automation , like refusing to go to the self check out lines in grocery stores. 

But how and what can we do to stop this from coming to fruition?

Would writing to political representatives to oppose transhumanism have any promise?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BC's post:
  • Pulvis
I don't think there's any stopping Transhumanism at this point, we just have to find ways to live out our lives safely as we move towards this strange future.  Most of us will probably be long gone before the worst of it.  

The globalists want a Logan's Run scenario for most of us and a techno deification for themselves.  I just don't see how they will not get what they want.  

In the end Christ conquered death, so for those of us with faith there's not much to fear.  I just don't think we can stop this from happening.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 1 user Likes formerbuddhist's post:
  • Pulvis
(11-19-2017, 01:06 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: I don't think there's any stopping Transhumanism at this point, we just have to find ways to live out our lives safely as we move towards this strange future.  Most of us will probably be long gone before the worst of it.  

The globalists want a Logan's Run scenario for most of us and a techno deification for themselves.  I just don't see how they will not get what they want.  

In the end Christ conquered death, so for those of us with faith there's not much to fear.  I just don't think we can stop this from happening.
Being safe may be easier said than done.  Transhumanisms godhead is AI; once it improves upon itself for the first time, does it hold any algorithm as absolute truth? The three laws of robotics are to its ultimate detriment as a godhead. That is a scary place once a ‘self awareness’ is ever truly obtained.

But far in advance of that, what will become of human morality as society abandons Christianity for transhumanism and other constructed religions, where the 10 commandments are replaced by an engineering societies codes of ethics, what becomes of heaven and hell,  and what keeps our moral compass pointing north? I would like to beleive that it is my love of god that keeps me from crossing many boundaries, but ultimately my fear of hell many times surpasses my love for god and for my fellow man in keeping me on the straight and narrow. If ‘Big Brother is wathching’ becomes the only means of moral order for those who have abandoned the true god, who is watching big brother? Think of the shining moments that have occurred in modern times already in the absense of God, Be it Nanking, Ukraine, Cambodia, Rwanda...
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
(11-19-2017, 01:17 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-18-2017, 08:35 PM)Zedta Wrote:

First Law

Z! You left out the Third LawA robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws. Big Grin

Yup, I did. Thanks for catching that! I edited the post for clarity.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain