Charles Manson Dies At 83
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/obitu...-dead.html

While I've never had any doubts about the guilt of Manson and his convicted followers, I think it's quite possible that the motive and other aspects of the case were kept from the public.
(11-20-2017, 11:22 AM)Eric  F Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/obitu...-dead.html

While I've never had any doubts about the guilt of Manson and his convicted followers, I think it's quite possible that the motive and other aspects of the case were kept from the public.
Have you ever read Dave McLauchlins writing and investigation on the Manson’s and the Laurel Canyon music scene? There are some fascinating coincidences.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
I think Hollywood and the people in the music industry in California, didn't want word getting out regarding how many celebrities Manson and the Family associated with. There were also three areas of common involvement between the Manson Family and the Tate-Polanski bunch. 1. Heavy use of hallucinogenic drugs. 2. Participation in Sado-Masochistic orgies. 3.A connection to the occult.  If I had to guess, I'd say the murders were linked to Wojciech Frykowski's plans to become the LA area's only distributor for a Canadian drug known as MDC. That along with Frykowski's problems with other dealers selling in the area, and I wouldn't rule out some sort of falling out with members of the Satanic Process Church.

For a long time time I've been very skeptical about the claims that Manson desperately wanted to spark off a race war in America. If that had really been his intention he'd have had his followers write something on the walls that would leave no doubt that it was the work of Black militants, and of course after the La Bianca's the sensational killings stopped. I have no doubt Manson talked to his followers about Helter Skelter, but I'd have to guess it was simply a diversion.