Cheap Douay Rheims Bible
I'm looking for a cheap Douay Rheims Bible. I've looked online, but thus far it seems they're all rather pricey. I don't care about fanciness. I just want something practical. I'm perfectly fine with paperbacks. I didn't check the Our Lady of the Rosary Library yet, but they might have it, but I'm not sure.

Short of God willing me to find one at a thrift store, where can one find a cheapo one? I've found some free online ones, but I prefer to have a physical book.

Thanks!  :)
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smiley's post:
  • AndreasIosephus
[Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

Even I had a related doubt...

In my country, the Douay-Rheims Bible Edition isn't available (I have tried to search for a copy in almost all Catholic bookshops in my city)... Could someone please suggest another traditional alternative to the Douay-Rheims Bible...?
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(11-23-2017, 01:29 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

In my country, the Douay-Rheims Bible Edition isn't available (I have tried to search for a copy in almost all Catholic bookshops in my city)... Could someone please suggest another traditional alternative to the Douay-Rheims Bible...?
You might look for a Knox Bible. It is a pre-Conciliar translation that was approved for use in Church by the Bishops of England and Wales.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(11-23-2017, 01:54 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 01:29 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

You might look for a Knox Bible. It is a pre-Conciliar translation that was approved for use in Church by the Bishops of England and Wales.

What about the New Jerusalem Bible...? I heard that there is an English and French edition of it and it was published during the pre-Council era...?
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(11-23-2017, 02:15 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: What about the New Jerusalem Bible...? I heard that there is an English and French edition of it and it was published during the pre-Council era...?
I can't speak to the Jerusalem Bible since I've not used it (I do have a presentation copy that I gave my Sister as a wedding present almost 50 years ago. She returned it to me after she was widowed, because it reminded her of her late husband.), but it is pre-Concilar, and I know that J.R.R. Tolkien, a solid Traditionalist, worked on the English translation. Just make very, very sure you're getting the real Jerusalem Bible not the New Jerusalem Bible, an 'updating' of the original, published 20 years after the Council. It includes 'inclusive language'. For example, the Tenth Commandment is translated as,  "You shall not set your heart on your neighbor's spouse", instead of the proper, 'wife'.  

The French edition has also been 'revised', tho' I don't know if there was a name change in that case.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I can personally attest to the quality of the products here: https://www.sacramentals.org/MatrimonyGifts.htm

My own Douay-Rheims Bible came from this apostolate. It's the black New Testament and Psalms that is listed there.
There's a used one in good condition for $5.99 here: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=22581044512&searchurl=kn%3Ddouay%2Bbible%26tn%3Ddouay%26sortby%3D17&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title1
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Thanks for the replies! I think I'll go for the AbeBooks one. Can't beat that price! :)

Edit: Never mind. They don't take Discover. :(
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]