Interesting fallout over NYT piece on the "Nazi Sympathizer Next Door"
(11-26-2017, 02:00 AM)GRA Wrote: I've observed that the left is just bewildered and fascinated at any existence of groups that are deemed extremists that feed their Puritan cleansing mentality e.g. if there's one neo-Nazi that might live in your town then [blasphemy] It The Country Is Racist. As a non-white I don't fear for my existence over even a singular genuine neo-Nazi living in the Midwest or the South the West or the NE. It's not even a worry of mine.

Note: I enjoy how the NYT gives a warning of it's in the Midwest ... This isn't a surprise zers (or whatever the transgender pronoun is for guys).

GRA, this is the second time I've seen you take the Lord's Name in vain in your posts. Please, for the sake your soul and others, refrain from blaspheming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • GRA
(11-26-2017, 07:56 AM)Jeeter Wrote:
Quote:Radical traditionalists are not the same as Catholics who call themselves “traditionalists” — people who prefer the old Latin Mass to the mass now typically said in vernacular languages — although the radicals, as well, like their liturgy in Latin.

This last part of their quote has always bothered me. It’s like a very thinly veiled attempt to link their self-proclaimed “bad guys” with anyone professing a desire to maintain tradition. I’ve spent a good bit of time ime at work countering that line with some liberal minded coworkers.

Let me try: Folks from the SPLC are not the same as sociopaths called  “serial killers” — people like Jeffrey Dahmer — although the psychos in the U.S., as well as the SPLC, generally speak in English.
"The missionaries of the 16th century were convinced that the unbaptized person is lost forever. After the Second Vatican Council, this conviction was definitely abandoned. The result was a two-sided, deep crisis. Without this attentiveness to salvation, the Faith loses its foundation." -Benedict XVI, Avvenire interview, March 16th, 2016
(11-26-2017, 07:56 AM)Jeeter Wrote:
Quote:Radical traditionalists are not the same as Catholics who call themselves “traditionalists” — people who prefer the old Latin Mass to the mass now typically said in vernacular languages — although the radicals, as well, like their liturgy in Latin.

This last part of their quote has always bothered me. It’s like a very thinly veiled attempt to link their self-proclaimed “bad guys” with anyone professing a desire to maintain tradition. I’ve spent a good bit of time ime at work countering that line with some liberal minded coworkers.

Let me try: Folks from the SPLC are not the same as sociopaths called  “serial killers” — people like Jeffrey Dahmer — although the psychos in the U.S., as well as the SPLC, generally speak in English.

Leftists rarely respect or even understand anything that is considered tradition or conservative. I find that there are immensely more openly bigoted leftists than any bigoted caricature rightist/non-prog. They pervade MSM and academia. They pervade professional sports even. They are in Hollywood and the arts. How many white, lower class people will you see actually disparaging people of color? You'll find some, but you'll find much more on the left who hate on the right with such relish and bitterness. Slope head. Redneck. Cracker. Stupid. Backwards. Uncle Tom. Xhristian. Sky Daddy. Imaginary Friend. If the left cannot find a bigoted caricature of their dreams they'll say that bigotry is then systematic. If they cannot point out to actually laws or to a person that allows bigotry then they'll it's learned. If said explanations seem to not work to their advantage bigotry is then unconscious. The worst of psychology is later applied to this last item.

(11-26-2017, 09:30 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(11-26-2017, 02:00 AM)GRA Wrote: I've observed that the left is just bewildered and fascinated at any existence of groups that are deemed extremists that feed their Puritan cleansing mentality e.g. if there's one neo-Nazi that might live in your town then [blasphemy] It The Country Is Racist. As a non-white I don't fear for my existence over even a singular genuine neo-Nazi living in the Midwest or the South the West or the NE. It's not even a worry of mine.

Note: I enjoy how the NYT gives a warning of it's in the Midwest ... This isn't a surprise zers (or whatever the transgender pronoun is for guys).

GRA, this is the second time I've seen you take the Lord's Name in vain in your posts.  Please, for the sake your soul and others, refrain from blaspheming.

Thumb
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.