Am I supposed to be going to Mass at my local church?
(01-05-2018, 07:16 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 04:44 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: What does this mean? How is a rite "schismatic"?

Since the definition of "schism" is willful rejection of the legitimate authority of the Papacy or Ordinary, I'm a bit confused how you mean to apply this to some liturgical rite.

Dave01 said: "Obviously this is a rather contentious issue - my opinion is that of the SSPX; that (very briefly stated) the New Mass is not a representation of the Catholic faith, and thus, upon realization of this fact, one cannot attend the NO except in special circumstances, just as one could not normally attend any other objectively schismatic rite."

Being an OF attendee every Sunday and Holy Day I'm able to attend and then coming here and reading stuff like this ends up putting a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like a black sheep on this forum at times.

I'm still not sure what is meant by "schismatic rite". You used the term, so obviously you had some meaning you attributed. That's what I was after.

I appreciate you get a bad taste from such commentary, and I think such hyperbole like "schismatic rite" (whatever it means) a bit over the top. Still, that's why we need to de-personalize these things. We can have a fruitful discussion if we discuss the issue and don't make it personal.

If you want to object to mine, or another's mischaracterization of the OF, go for it. I'm happy to take the objections to my argument and then try to defend it or admit if it's a good point that was raised.

But, you have to de-personalize these things. They are not personal attacks at all, nor meant to destroy your peace of soul, but to help our souls (at least hopefully that's the idea).
I second MM's comment about how I never meant to share my personal experience of the Novus Ordo and the Lutherans as an attack to anyone. I shared my experience to add to the discussion as my two cents. Take it how you will, but for me it's had a profound affect on how I look at the situation in the Church.
(01-05-2018, 08:10 PM)richgr Wrote: I second MM's comment about how I never meant to share my personal experience of the Novus Ordo and the Lutherans as an attack to anyone. I shared my experience to add to the discussion as my two cents. Take it how you will, but for me it's had a profound affect on how I look at the situation in the Church.
Peace.....i am finding each person's (here and elsewhere) experiences so different and that is because of the variations taking place in their own personal faith journey and the shinnanigans in the Church!  We are all struggling to get on the same page in this Church - let's pray for each other.....God bless, angeltime :pray: