Why Are Fried Foods Bad For You?
I think I'm getting an air-fryer for Christmas. Lol, my husband always gets me gifts he wants me to use--for him!!!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • Zedta
(12-14-2018, 10:24 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: I think I'm getting an air-fryer for Christmas. Lol, my husband always gets me gifts he wants me to use--for him!!!
 ROFL
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
Fancy oils are too expensive to use with any regularity. When you fry you need a good amount of oil so that the food actually gets covered. You can't deep fry with olive oil, the smoke point is too low. Deep frying usually requires temperatures of around 375°. Even shallow frying some chicken cutlets with olive oil can lead to a burnt and smoky mess if you're not careful with regulating the temperature. I've been using peanut oil as a replacement for vegetable oil. May not be on the list of healthy oils, but it's still way better than using the soybean nonsense. When it comes to deep frying, the only oils that are in the affordable range that the average person can stomach using large quantities of are either vegetable, canola, and on the more expensive side peanut. Just doing a quick search I can buy at canola & vegetable oil for about $4/gallon at BJs. Peanut oil I found at walmart & home depot for around $10/gal, unfortunately I think the bulk clubs only have it around Thanksgiving so I'm not sure if it's a bit cheaper there (can't remember). Compare that to most of these other healthy oils and it doesn't come close.

I've been typically using two oils, regular olive for most cooking and peanut for frying. I also don't find extra virgin to be very useful in cooking anyway. It's way more expensive vs. regular olive oil and the flavor isn't as strong as when it's uncooked anyway. EVOO is best when you're eating it uncooked as a dressing, for dipping, and other such things. Even there, it depends on what the application is. For certain foods the olive taste may be too overpowering so regular olive oil may be better.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • Zedta
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.6)]Best Products Reviews & Buying Guide for Amazon, Get Pro Reviews  getproreviews[/color]