Has anyone joined Auxilium Christianorium?
Is anyone here a member of Auxilium Christianorum? I have considered joining that group for sometime, but have been concerned about consequences of joining as I have heard that people who join will be subjected to various ordeals by the demons as they enter into this level of spiritual combat. What are the consequences of joining Auxilium Christianorum? Do I have to be at a certain state in my spiritual life in order to join? Also do I have to say the prayers at the same time everyday, or am I allowed some flexibility as to when I say them? I have a very busy schedule and am unsure if I'll be to find time to say the prayers if I join.
[Image: Blessed_Virgin_Mary_Holding_Jesus_with_S...abriel.jpg]
Glory to God
and
Hail Mary!
I'm not, have thought about it, but I also don't think I'm at a level of the spiritual life to consider it at this time. One of the main rules is to consult with a confessor or spiritual adviser before joining, so I would do that if you are seriously thinking of doing it. I believe Father Ripperger also recommends at having a solid prayer life and at least normally avoiding mortal sin (not being a habitual mortal sinner). When it comes to solid prayer life, daily rosary and meditation are important.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
I joined a few years ago and said the daily prayers for about a year. There were some specific spiritual warfare needs in my life at that time. 

Then we moved house, and I didn't pick it up again after the move. I didn't notice any increased demonic attacks or activity when I was praying the prayers, though - it actually seemed there was more protection. The prayers are effective, and you can sort of sense Our Lady's power in them. 

Someone asked Fr. Ripperger that very question, after one of his talks (whether it opened you up to more demonic danger) and he also said, no, if anything, it will decrease. So I wouldn't worry too much about that happening, especially if you follow all the other "requirements." But ask your confessor about it -- mine wasn't even familiar with it, btw. I believe you and many others, of whom you may never know, including priests, would receive a lot of grace and help from your committing yourself to the daily prayers. 

Looking back, I also feel that I, myself, benefited spiritually from that year by being lead into a deeper life of faith, and to the TLM. And I know that God is answering and will be answering all of the prayers that were said. I've actually been thinking about starting it again -- but in the meantime I've added some other daily devotions that are very important to me, so I'm not sure I'll realistically have the time.
(11-27-2017, 05:17 PM)MaryLover Wrote: Also do I have to say the prayers at the same time everyday, or am I allowed some flexibility as to when I say them? I have a very busy schedule and am unsure if I'll be to find time to say the prayers if I join.

Hi, sorry - I forgot to answer this part. 

You can say them at any time of day, and it doesn't have to be the same each day. Also, the prayers are not that lengthy. There are the basic ones each day, and the specific ones for each day of the week. The only one, iirc, that takes a little longer than the others is the one on Fridays, because it includes a litany of humility. I would say they take, on average, maybe 10 minutes or so.

I think saying the daily AC prayers, combined with daily Rosary with strong intention of meditating on the Mysteries, frequent confession and Mass will keep you covered. Smile