That I Quit Vaping for Good
In late October I quit all tobacco products cold turkey with ease. No withdrawal, no nothing. Then I got really stressed out a few weeks ago and I smoked two cigarettes. Then I went a week or so with nothing. Then I bought a little disposable vape out of boredom and I promised myself I wouldn't break out the big guns, that is my refillable goodbye quality very vapes after the disposable one ran out. Well I'm so sitting here puffing away at my goodbye old refillable vape post this.

Please pray that I can quit for good! I got some friends who don't like vaping, and I have the Knights of Columbus life insurance that costs more when you are a smoker. I don't want to let my friends down and I don't want to have to pay extra for insurance.

Thanks!
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
(11-27-2017, 10:49 PM)Smiley Wrote: In late October I quit all tobacco products cold turkey with ease. No withdrawal, no nothing. Then I got really stressed out a few weeks ago and I smoked two cigarettes. Then I went a week or so with nothing. Then I bought a little disposable vape out of boredom and I promised myself I wouldn't break out the big guns, that is my refillable goodbye quality very vapes after the disposable one ran out. Well I'm so sitting here puffing away at my goodbye old refillable vape post this.

Please pray that I can quit for good! I got some friends who don't like vaping, and I have the Knights of Columbus life insurance that costs more when you are a smoker. I don't want to let my friends down and I don't want to have to pay extra for insurance.

Thanks!

I didn't use it personally when I quit, but almost everyone I know who used to smoke recommends Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking.  I almost want to read it myself just because the reviews are so glowing.
:pray:
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
Quitting anything is hard so my prayers are with you. Im still trying to taper off Kratom and cut back on the marijuana habit I thought I beat over a decade ago but that I took up again with a  vengeace earlier this year. If you can do  it so can I.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
About fifteen years ago, I quit smoking cigarettes, after nearly thirty years. It was tough enough that I stay completely away from any such stuff. I have faith in you. Find something to do that occupies the time when you would have otherwise vaped. I found something that worked for me*, along those lines. If I can, I know others can.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

For FB
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

You'll both be among my Rosary intentions tomorrow.

* As a nearly lifelong musician, I decided to use a childhood desire to learn how to play bluesharp. On my breaks at work, I'd go to local park, keeping the windows rolled up (so as not to injure the squirrels' delicate sensibilities), and practice. I spent about two years, got fairly proficient. And managed to quit the smoky treats altogether.  :D
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Thanks for the prayers you guys! One problem I encounter frequently is that nicotine greatly helps me focus. In my regularly vaping days, I often found that the nicotine helped me do my homework and read the Bible more effectively; thus, I often struggle focusing when reading the Bible without my "training wheels." Coffee greatly helps too, but making it at home is never fun. I buy it at college and Dunkin Donuts all the time though, and when I'm drinking coffee I can focus better.

It's possible I might have ADD or ADHD, but honestly I think nicotine and caffeine are far, far less harmful than any ADHD/ADD medicine.
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
(11-28-2017, 07:06 PM)Smiley Wrote: Thanks for the prayers you guys! One problem I encounter frequently is that nicotine greatly helps me focus. In my regularly vaping days, I often found that the nicotine helped me do my homework and read the Bible more effectively; thus, I often struggle focusing when reading the Bible without my "training wheels." Coffee greatly helps too, but making it at home is never fun. I buy it at college and Dunkin Donuts all the time though, and when I'm drinking coffee I can focus better.

It's possible I might have ADD or ADHD, but honestly I think nicotine and caffeine are far, far less harmful than any ADHD/ADD medicine.

Coffee can have weird effects on memory/concentration, and it's not always positive.  Nicotine is 100% a nootropic, but I promise you it's not worth it.  Part of the effect of nicotine is simply that it release stored glucose into your bloodstream.  Maybe try cutting back on the coffee and just have a sugary snack and see if that helps your focus.  Also: exercise.  Cardio is literally the best thing you can do for your mental performance, period.  It improves everything from your focus to problem solving and creativity. 

The only other thing I might recommend is a multivitamin + Vitamin D + Omega-3 fish oil.
(11-28-2017, 10:49 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 07:06 PM)Smiley Wrote: Thanks for the prayers you guys! One problem I encounter frequently is that nicotine greatly helps me focus. In my regularly vaping days, I often found that the nicotine helped me do my homework and read the Bible more effectively; thus, I often struggle focusing when reading the Bible without my "training wheels." Coffee greatly helps too, but making it at home is never fun. I buy it at college and Dunkin Donuts all the time though, and when I'm drinking coffee I can focus better.

Coffee can have weird effects on memory/concentration, and it's not always positive.
From what I've read, coffee actually helps memory; it can prevent Alzheimer's.

https://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20...-disease#1
Coffee is one of those things that research seems to give conflicting views on but that I've never really wanted to quit.  I actually like the flavor of it, and even the ritual of preparing and enjoying that first cup with my prayerbook.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(11-27-2017, 10:49 PM)Smiley Wrote: In late October I quit all tobacco products cold turkey with ease. No withdrawal, no nothing. Then I got really stressed out a few weeks ago and I smoked two cigarettes. Then I went a week or so with nothing. Then I bought a little disposable vape out of boredom and I promised myself I wouldn't break out the big guns, that is my refillable goodbye quality very vapes after the disposable one ran out. Well I'm so sitting here puffing away at my goodbye old refillable vape post this.

Thanks!

Thanks for starting this thread, Smiley... :)

Even I have resolved to go cold turkey since this Ash Wednesday since my cigarette addiction started last year due to a lot of stress that I was unable to face... :-/ Also, I was about to seek solace in alcohol and junk food which I felt was like cheating on my fitness-conscious stand...

Prayers requested... Thank you... :)
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]