Something Funny Just Happened
Maybe I should have put this in the joke thread, but since it deals with liturgical language, I'm putting it here.

I was typing a comment on Fr Erich Reichstag's Facebook page, and I couldn't remember how to spell 'miserere', so I went to my go-to, Google Translate. I entered 'Lord have mercy', chose Latin, and clicked on 'translate'. What did I get? 'Kyrie eleison'! LOL Once my wife reminded me how to spell it, I offered the corrected translation to the site.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Paul, Sacred Heart lover
(11-28-2017, 02:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Maybe I should have put this in the joke thread, but since it deals with liturgical language, I'm putting it here.

I was typing a comment on Fr Erich Reichstag's Facebook page, and I couldn't remember how to spell 'miserere', so I went to my go-to, Google Translate. I entered 'Lord have mercy', chose Latin, and clicked on 'translate'. What did I get? 'Kyrie eleison'! LOL Once my wife reminded me how to spell it, I offered the corrected translation to the site.

Ha!!  Funny.

Here's a good one-liner for you:  Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
It gets funnier! I shared this tidbit on a Traditional Catholic page I belong to on Facebook. The first comment was, 'Lord have mercy is Kyrie eleison'! I gently pointed out that that was true, but Kyrie eleison is not Latin, but Greek.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(11-28-2017, 02:18 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Here's a good one-liner for you:  Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

'Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.'
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • jovan66102