Correlation between Meyers-Briggs and type of traditionalism?
Not sure if this has ever been done before, but I'm definitely curious.  What personality type are you and what is your particular brand of traditionalism?  I think it would be fascinating if there were a correlation.

Personality: INFJ
Affiliation: SSPX
I'm ENTJ, whatever that means, and I'm a former member of an FSSP Parish, who now is quite content to attend the NO in the most orthodox Diocese in the US, Lincoln.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • In His Love
INFJ
FSSP
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(12-01-2017, 05:07 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Not sure if this has ever been done before, but I'm definitely curious.  What personality type are you and what is your particular brand of traditionalism?  I think it would be fascinating if there were a correlation.

Affiliation: SSPX
Pax et Bonum!  I found your question interesting because those I know and those I am meeting who attend Traditional Mass, seem to be more contemplative by nature and need.  I personally found more peace in the quiet, Gregorian and incensed liturgy.  I have come to believe for sure, that there is something mystical and authentic in the Traditional Mass that satisfied (bread that satisfies) not leaving one empty and noisy.  My Novus Ordo friends who are not interested seem to focus only on the language difference and that it is a problem for them.  These are the same people who do not sit quiet during Adoration, but as soon as it is set up - charge into the Rosary and Chaplets.  These are wonderful prayers of course, but Adoration is a time for listening, not talking, talking ,talking.  "Be still and know that I am God....."  ? :rolleyes:   God bless, angeltime
I'm INTJ. I identify with the SSPX, although there aren't any anywhere near me. We do have an Old Roman Catholic chapel, but from what I've read on them they're a bit too out there for me.
"Those who are seeking the true religion will never find it outside the Catholic Church alone, because, in every other religion, if they trace it up to the author, they will find some impostor whose imagination furnished a mass of sophisms and errors." -St. Alphonsus Liguori

"I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation." - Pope St. Pius X

Affiliation: FSSP
I believe the last time I tested, I was ESFJ (I was ENFP in high school). 
Affiliation: I attend the NO in person and watch FSSP TLMs and the NO online.
I’m INTJ. I attend The FSSP mass and the Byzantine Divine Liturgy equally. 
My wife is ESFJ, and attends the same.

I lean more Byzantine, she leans more Latin Trad, but we’re both comfortable with both.  She’s slightly more comfortable with the Novus Ordo than me, but both of us would prefer not to attend it at all unless we have to.  She is a cradle Catholic and I’m a convert, though I’m from a thoroughly Catholic background with simply non-practicing parents.
"I am a Christian, and indeed a Roman Catholic, so that I do not expect ‘history’ to be anything but a ‘long defeat’ — though it contains (and in a legend may contain more clearly and movingly) some samples or glimpses of final victory." -J.R.R. Tolkien

"I know quite well that, to you as to me, the Church which once felt like a refuge, now often feels like a trap. There is nowhere else to go! (I wonder if this desperate feeling, the last state of loyally hanging on, was not, even more often than is actually recorded in the Gospels, felt by Our Lord’s followers in His earthly life-time?) I think there is nothing to do but pray, for the Church, the Vicar of Christ, and for ourselves; and meanwhile to exercise the virtue of loyalty, which indeed only becomes a virtue when one is under pressure to desert it." -J.R.R. Tolkien

"There is none so blind as he who will not agree with me." -someone else
(12-02-2017, 01:03 AM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: I’m INTJ. I attend The FSSP mass and the Byzantine Divine Liturgy equally. 

I lean more Byzantine, she leans more Latin Trad, but we’re both comfortable with both.  She’s slightly more comfortable with the Novus Ordo than me, but both of us would prefer not to attend it at all unless we have to.  She is a cradle Catholic and I’m a convert, though I’m from a thoroughly Catholic background with simply non-practicing parents.
INTJ & ESFJ - please explain what this means?  I am guessing it has to do with the Briggs Test Results??  Tks, angeltime!
(12-02-2017, 08:26 AM)angeltime Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 01:03 AM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: I’m INTJ. I attend The FSSP mass and the Byzantine Divine Liturgy equally. 

INTJ & ESFJ - please explain what this means?  I am guessing it has to do with the Briggs Test Results??  Tks, angeltime!

INTJ

Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others.

ESFJ

Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

From http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-perso...htm?bhcp=1
"Those who are seeking the true religion will never find it outside the Catholic Church alone, because, in every other religion, if they trace it up to the author, they will find some impostor whose imagination furnished a mass of sophisms and errors." -St. Alphonsus Liguori

"I accept with sincere belief the doctrine of faith as handed down to us from the Apostles by the orthodox Fathers, always in the same sense and with the same interpretation." - Pope St. Pius X