Correlation between Meyers-Briggs and type of traditionalism?
The last letter of your personality type is often used in marriage counseling.  The reason being the P vs J relates to time orientation.  P's are in the moment, spontaneous types and J's are planners.  It is generally preferable for a couple to have the same last letter.  Although sometimes opposites attract, this is one case where this DOES NOT happen.

This isn't the purpose of the test, but it's one of those things that research has shown to be fairly reliable.  Psychological research is always pretty iffy, so you take the valid and reliable information that you can get.

The other one well-grounded thing about the test - The second letter (N vs S) can be used to identify people who might struggle in school.  Again, it's not 100% accurate, but if you have an S, it was likely that you struggled in school.  N's rely more on intuition and grasp concepts faster and more effortlessly that S's.  Of course, other factors like IQ would obviously come into play here.
INTJ, SSPX. 

However, I would expect that if there was any correlation, it would likely be between "Very NO" folks, and Trads, as I doubt that there is ultimately much of a fundamental difference from someone attached to the SSPX vs FSSP vs ICK, etc.
INFJs (like me and the OP) are supposed to be a rare type, around 2% of the population -- but, throughout my 20 years of doing this Catholic stuff online, I think I've noticed that there are a disproportionate number of INFJs around in the trad world. (it could be that I just remember seeing "INFJ" more frequently because that's what I, myself, am, so it sticks in my head. But still, it at least seems to be to be "a thing.")
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
I'm an INFP I think, sometimes leaning towards INTP or INFJ.

I attend a reverent NO out of necessity but I have a love for all things traditional.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(12-02-2017, 12:27 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: INFJs (like me and the OP) are supposed to be a rare type, around 2% of the population -- but, throughout my 20 years of doing this Catholic stuff online, I think I've noticed that there are a disproportionate number of INFJs around in the trad world. (it could be that I just remember seeing "INFJ" more frequently because that's what I, myself, am, so it sticks in my head. But still, it at least seems to be to be "a thing.")

It's not just you. I was the only INFJ at school or work, but there is a tribe of us at church lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • VoxClamantis
INFP. 

I'm a member of the US Ordinariate and I attend Mass there (one of the most traditionalist-leaning parishes in the Ordinariate). I also attend a diocesan TLM sometimes, and a Ruthenian Divine Liturgy a few times a year. Sometimes my sleep schedule betrays me and I have to suffer through a local Life Teen Novus Ordo.
ESTJ here, or so I think. I want to go to the TLM all the time, but I am forced to go to NO Masses once a month due to my being a reader. I'd be perfectly content going to SSPX, FSSP, ICKS, or any other parish that offers the TLM with exception of independent ones. I'm going to the TLM tomorrow at a nearby Basilica.
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
(12-03-2017, 12:15 AM)Smiley Wrote: I am forced to go to NO Masses once a month due to my being a reader. 
Not to derail, but I'm curious. Are you an Instituted Lector under the Code of Canon Law or just a 'reader'? Until the faeces hit the artificial wind making machine today, I had been thinking of applying to be and Instituted Lector or Acolyte (Yes! We have them here in the Diocese of Lincoln.)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(12-02-2017, 11:05 AM)BluegrassMTBer Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 08:26 AM)angeltime Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 01:03 AM)Optatus Cleary Wrote: I’m INTJ. I attend The FSSP mass and the Byzantine Divine Liturgy equally. 
My wife is ESFJ, and attends the same.

I lean more Byzantine, she leans more Latin Trad, but we’re both comfortable with both.  She’s slightly more comfortable with the Novus Ordo than me, but both of us would prefer not to attend it at all unless we have to.  She is a cradle Catholic and I’m a convert, though I’m from a thoroughly Catholic background with simply non-practicing parents.
INTJ & ESFJ - please explain what this means?  I am guessing it has to do with the Briggs Test Results??  Tks, angeltime!

INTJ

Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others.

ESFJ

Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute.

From http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-perso...htm?bhcp=1
Pax!  Thankyou for the explanation.....:)
Not sure how to describe myself. I live in the middle of nowhere Ohio. I try to follow the traditional practices of the Catholic Faith. FE, has been my savior.

The TLM is over an hour away, I do attend a Byzantine Catholc Devine Liturgy once a month, it's about 45 minutes away. My local parish is about a 10 minute walk. I do attend daily mass at the local parish, the priest does a pretty good job. Also I go to Eucharistic adoration on Fridays.

I have tried to find traditionally minded Catholics in the parish, I have had no luck. So I am basically a loner, like a desert monk. My wife thinks Im crazy. She is a fallen away Catholic.
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!