Well....now what??
(12-02-2017, 09:25 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I have absolutely no intention to leave the Church. I will hear Mass on every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation. I will confess regularly. However, I cannot, in good conscience, imply that 'communion' exists between Francis and I, when I reject his heresy from the very depths of my soul.

Where will you receive Our Lord? This is a slippery slope, Jovan. If you stop receiving Communion from priests who mention Pope Francis in the canon, you're reduced to independent/SSPV/CMRI/various other sede chapels.

St. Vincent Ferrer backed the wrong Pope when there were three claiming to be so. He mentioned him several times in the canon of the Mass. He was sincere, and I'm sure Our Lord didn't fault him for backing the wrong Pope, given the confusion of the time. I am also sure that he didn't fault any of the parishioners who received Holy Communion from him who shared his sincerely-held beliefs.

Pope Francis has said and done some bad things, but that shouldn't lead you down this road. You don't have to adhere to, say, his statement that some Lutherans "have the true faith of Christ." But it's a bad move to avoid receiving Holy Communion while the Universal Church recognizes Francis as the Roman Pontiff.

I say this with love, Jovan.
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • dahveed, Roger Buck
Has anyone seen this being reported on anywhere other than Church Militant?
Rorate Coeli and One Peter Five are both reporting on it.
(12-02-2017, 09:56 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 09:35 PM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: Did all of you forget that the Great  Apostasy was predicted by Our Blessed Mother at Fatima 

Relax and Trust in Christ  

Don't panic 

Pray Hope and Don't Worry

I'm pretty sure they're of the mind that this is the Great Apostasy, or at least the formal beginning of it.  Logically, I can't disagree with them. This is no different than Pope Honorious. 

The authenic magisterium is not infallible and does not bind our conscience when it is clearly an error, or even heresy.
"..the throne of Peter, and to the chief Church whence priestly unity takes its source..." -St. Cyprian

"...the Roman Church, the Head of the whole Roman world... from thence flow all the rights of venerable Communion to all persons." -St. Ambrose

"You cannot then deny that you do know that upon Peter first in the City of Rome was bestowed the Episcopal Cathedra, on which sat Peter, the Head of all the Apostles for which reason he was called Cephas,  that, in this one Cathedra, unity should be preserved by all, lest the other Apostles might claim -each for himself- separate Cathedras, so that he who should set up a second Cathedra against the unique Cathedra would already be a schismatic and a sinner." -St. Opatus of Milevis

http://www.fisheaters.com/forums/index.p...sg33996805

http://www.amazon.com/Studies-Early-Papa...merReviews
[-] The following 1 user Likes CounterRevolutionary's post:
  • Jacafamala
*image snipped because the quote turned out to be fake*

Church Militant has reported that this directly violates Canon 915. This is definitely very troubling news.

I am confident that Raymond Arroyo at The World Over will report on this soon with his "Papal posse." They've been on point with regard to Papal confusion.
[-] The following 2 users Like In His Love's post:
  • dahveed, Jacafamala
I have absolutely no problem with him being mentioned in the Canon. I am not, and will not become, a sedevacantist. Francis is Pope until the Church acts. Even tho' I can see that he is a heretic from his own words, it is far above my pay grade to declare the Seat vacant. I prayed for him fervently tonight before Mass and during it. I prayed that he might be converted to the Catholic Faith. However, I cannot in good conscience imply a communion that doesn't exist. 

This not only affects me intellectually, but on a deeply personal level. As those who know me personally already know, I recently reconciled with my wife after she 'divorced' me 13 years ago. After we separated I entered into an adulterous 'marriage' being fully aware of the Church's Teachings on the matter. As long as that union persisted, I went to Mass regularly but never went to Confession or Holy Communion. Why should I? I had, at the time, no intention of ending the union, and to make a good Confession requires a firm purpose to avoid sin and the occasion of sin in the future. I could not, in good conscience, approach the Sacrament of Penance. And to receive Holy Communion in a state of mortal sin is a further sin in itself. When the union ended, I immediately went to Confession and Holy Communion, and my health permitting, have continued to do so.

Now I am being told that Christ, the Apostle Paul, the Catechism, and Canon Law are all wrong, and that I could have been receiving all along! Horse hockey!

I didn't receive for years because I was in a state of grave sin. THAT I will answer for, but I don't think our Lord will hold it against me that I refused to be in communion with a heretic. I will do as I did tonight, make a fervent Act of Spiritual Communion, and offer up my distress at not being able to receive for the conversion of Pope Francis.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

In His Love is right. The devil is using Francis to throw the church into confusion, we mustn't give into hysteria because that is exactly what the evil one wants. Pope Francis has committed a very grave error which will certainly incur the wrath of God upon him and all of his supporters but we must trust in Gods justice. We must likewise remember that most Catholics are innocent in the matter, they lack culpability of conscience so we need to be gentle so as not to scandalize them. Instead we must pray for Pope Francis and the Church as a whole that he may see the error of his ways and that God may have mercy on him.

Despite Francis's actions, the faith remains the same. This does not invalidate the office of the Papacy, it simply means that Pope Francis is wrong. The pope cannot contradict the teachings of the church. 

Matthew 8:23-27
23 And when he entered into the boat, his disciples followed him:
24 And behold a great tempest arose in the sea, so that the boat was covered with waves, but he was asleep.
25 And they came to him, and awaked him, saying: Lord, save us, we perish.
26 And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.
27 But the men wondered, saying: What manner of man is this, for the winds and the sea obey him?
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • In His Love, Trad Catholic27
(12-02-2017, 07:49 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Is this grounds for legitimate schism with Rome?
I'm still learning here.  

If so, where do we go?

There's no such thing as a legitimate schism. Rome is the Church. You stay right where you are and pray.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 3 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • In His Love, Trad Catholic27, Zedta
What Dominicus said.
(12-02-2017, 10:26 PM)Dominicus Wrote:
(12-02-2017, 07:49 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Is this grounds for legitimate schism with Rome?
I'm still learning here.  

If so, where do we go?

There's no such thing as a legitimate schism. Rome is the Church. You stay right where you are and pray.

OK, I'll go with that!