Well....now what??
Well 2017 is certainly going out with a bang. We have Muslims promising Christmas blood in Rome and now this. Maybe we'll be seeing some of these prophesies coming true sooner than we thought.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
If there is any integrity left among the Catholic Answers staff and mainstream apologists, then I expect full apologies to all the Catholics they dismissed as "extreme" "radical" "`schismatics" traditionalists ( a.k.a. simply intransigent Catholics refusing to be duped) for sounding the alarm on this guy Bergoglio from day one.

They assured us that despite what our eyes plainly saw, Emperor Francis had such beautiful clothes..

The Church may never recover until Catholics start being brutally intellectually honest, no matter how uncomfortable it gets.
"The missionaries of the 16th century were convinced that the unbaptized person is lost forever. After the Second Vatican Council, this conviction was definitely abandoned. The result was a two-sided, deep crisis. Without this attentiveness to salvation, the Faith loses its foundation." -Benedict XVI, Avvenire interview, March 16th, 2016
[-] The following 6 users Like BC's post:
  • Eric F, formerbuddhist, Imperator Caesar Trump, olorin12, Sacred Heart lover, Thomcross
I wouldn't hold my breath.
This really saddens me. I had a feeling AL was heretical, but this recent development basically proves my feelings to be unfortunately true. Fortunately, the gates of Hell shall not prevail in the end. These errors will be corrected in the end. God would never abandon His Church. We may go through a dark tunnel of grave error, but hopefully the next Pope will repair all the damages done since Vatican II. Nothing is impossible with God.

Now I think I know why God led me to meet that trad girl at college. Through her God has granted me the wisdom to step up to tradition, and the real Truth. I'm speechless. Wow! It's quite a blessing to have her as a friend in these dark times!

I'm considering going to an SSPX chapel now. This feels so wrong to say, but I wonder if our Holy Father Pope Francis is under some sort of demonic influence. Perhaps his validation of SSPX sacraments was his soul's last crying out through the demonic influence to point souls in the right direction before the demonic influence took on further control leading ultimately to this. I'm definitely going to go to that SSPX chapel now once this semester ends. Till then it'll be the EF at the Basilica.

As a CAF regular I have seen their thread on this. I always felt that the only people who really took their faith seriously were those who were traditionalists. From the CAF thread I know know that I've been correct. There's a reason CAFeteria starts with CAF...
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Smiley's post:
  • BluegrassMTBer, GoodKingWenceslas, Sacred Heart lover
(12-03-2017, 12:35 AM)Smiley Wrote: This really saddens me. I had a feeling AL was heretical, but this recent development basically proves my feelings to be unfortunately true. Fortunately, the gates of Hell shall not prevail in the end. These errors will be corrected in the end. God would never abandon His Church. We may go through a dark tunnel of grave error, but hopefully the next Pope will repair all the damages done since Vatican II. Nothing is impossible with God.

Now I think I know why God led me to meet that trad girl at college. Through her God has granted me the wisdom to step up to tradition, and the real Truth. I'm speechless. Wow! It's quite a blessing to have her as a friend in these dark times!

I'm considering going to an SSPX chapel now. This feels so wrong to say, but I wonder if our Holy Father Pope Francis is under some sort of demonic influence. Perhaps his validation of SSPX sacraments was his soul's last crying out through the demonic influence to point souls in the right direction before the demonic influence took on further control leading ultimately to this. I'm definitely going to go to that SSPX chapel now once this semester ends. Till then it'll be the EF at the Basilica.

As a CAF regular I have seen their thread on this. I always felt that the only people who really took their faith seriously were those who were traditionalists. From the CAF thread I know know that I've been correct. There's a reason CAFeteria starts with CAF...

The confusion that has surrounded Francis since the beginning of his pontificate does not come from God.  God does not sow confusion, the devil does.  Even presuming that he has only the best of intentions, the result has been nothing but confusion and error.  The wolves that invaded the sheepfold now have one of there own as steward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • Jacafamala
A bit stunned and can't comment too well yet.

Though, truly, I should NOT be stunned - all this is perfectly in keeping with this Pope's Modus Operandi: introduce something quietly and "subtly" at first and then pump up the volume on it till you get to this.

It's very easy to anticipate this will happen with married priests, too and more - unless a stop is put to things.

I am also very hit by your real suffering here Jovan ...

(12-02-2017, 04:50 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: As I think about this, I'm almost in tears! I, for one, CANNOT give 'a religious submission of intellect and will' to this egregious heresy. I've been A Catholic over half my life. What do I do now?

and deeply moved by your court document ...

I see your logic here, but I implore you to reconsider the matter of receiving Holy Communion.

By this same logic every traditional priest should give up saying Mass. POOF then goes FSSP, ICKSP, IGS etc. This cannot be the way forward.

In my view, Catholics need the Body and Blood of Christ to FORTIFY them more than ever now.

I say all this with real respect for you, friend and as I say deeply moved by your court document.

Still too stunned to say more. And again I shouldn't be stunned. It's the same M. O. again and again. The Synods, the interviews etc etc etc
[-] The following 3 users Like Roger Buck's post:
  • dahveed, In His Love, Zedta
Actually, for me there is a way to interpret AL, which isn't outrightly heretical because there are some (very few) cases in which its application might be justified. What AL basically says is that there might be at least one person who lives in open adultery which is not in mortal(!) sin. If the sin is only venial, she can receive communion.

The Cathechism says that a mortal sin can be 'downgraded' to a venial sin in the following cases: "The promptings of feelings and passions can also diminish the voluntary and free character of the offense, as can external pressures or pathological disorders [mental illness]."
If a soldier is at war, even if it's not strictly speaking a just war (almost no war fulfils the criteria), he is not necessarily in mortal sin because he is killing people. The external pressure (from his superiors and from his enemies) is so high that, in some cases, his murders are only venial sins or no sin at all. 

So let's think about an analogous case in the realm of sexual morality. Imagine a poor, African woman. She has 3 children from her first husband, who left her at an early age, and 5 children from her second "husband". The live in utter poverty. Two children already died from hunger, two more of them are gravely ill. The only family income is the second father's salary, who threatens to leave the woman immediately if she refuses to engage in sexual relationships with him (which she abhors and doesn't enjoy at all). If the second father left her, this would mean certain death for her children.Now, the question: is this woman in mortal sin? Which means: is this woman really going to hell if she continues to give in to her "husband's" requests? Or might her sin be venial because of the extreme "external pressure"?

The only thing which AL says is that there are some such extreme cases where an apparently mortal can be considered venial. This is within the range of orthodoxy, in my opinion. If a German soldier during World War II could reveive communion before and after killing American soldiers, why can't a woman who (reluctantly) gives in to sexual avances in order to save the lives of her children?

Of course, AL will be abused horribly to justify giving communion to everyone and will have horrible effects on sexual morality in society. But that's not the question here….the question is if this interpretation is obviously heretical in every single case.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
This is a direct and logical result of Vatican 2 and the total relaxation of Church discipline. For 50 years the Church has done nothing but peel away layers of discipline and devotion, many things stopped being considered sinful practically, if not magisterially. And what for? Just so the churches could be full on Sunday, just so that people wouldn't leave the Church because it was too strict. The Church turned into a marketing agency trying to sell a product by constantly lowering it's price and quality, but hey it was worth it because more people buy the product.

The Church has been acting like a parent who wants to stop his spoiled kid from screaming by constantly giving it things it wants. ''Many Catholics are divorced and remarried? Well, let's allow it''. Contraception and abortion are next.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rivers's post:
  • Eric F, Jacafamala
Does anyone have an actual link to the Buenos Aires bishop's guidelines in English? I have it in Spanish here. I'd like to actually read it for myself.
https://www.lifesitenews.com/images/pdfs...__2016.pdf

Also, on a blog on canon law, I read this:

https://canonlawblog.wordpress.com/2017/...n-website/

The author suggests that the Argentine document narrowly avoids clearly admitting that in some cases remarried not living like brother and sisters may receive Eucharist. But I'm reading the document for the third time and I can't find any actual reservations made by these bishops. So I can't find any possibility of orthodox reading.
The Christian and Catholic religion, in fact, is the legitimate daughter of Jesus, king of the Mages. A simple scapular worn by a truly Christian person is a more invincible talisman than the ring and pentacle of Solomon.
The Mass is the most prodigious of evocations. Necromancers evoke the dead, the sorcerer evokes the devil and he shakes, but the Catholic priest does not tremble in evoking the living God.

Perhaps Christ had not only one precursor, John, last of the prophets, but three: John the Baptist for the Chosen People, Socrates from the heart of antiquity, and Buddha, who spoke the ultimate word in Eastern religious cognition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PolishTrad's post:
  • Jacafamala