Chilling!
(12-05-2017, 12:17 PM)Zedta Wrote: It is inevitable. Soon there will be no cash or as a first wave, fewer businesses will accept cash. Already, many will not accept certain denominations of bills. Smart phones, et al, are NOT really smart to have. They, like Alexia, monitor and remember what they hear and they are capable of hearing a lot. NSA can turn on a shut down a phone being charged and listen in. These 'smart' phones are way too technologically savvy. Now, like the post's refrigerator, our technocratic devices really are capable of being hacked, now TVs, computers, all this 'smart' stuff in our homes is a potential listening or watching point for a hacker. Security and safety in our homes is more fleeting than at any other time in history.

Once upon a time, there was very few ways to monitor people. Now it is an ongoing process. Big Brother is here and he is Google/Amazon.

No it is NOT inevitable. That is a counsel of despair and must be rejected root, branch and all. We are to fight EVERY move toward a "cashless society" and encourage our family and neighbors to do likewise.

Why would you even give the impression to wring your hands and do nothing to stop and reverse this? Same applies to me and to others. Fight back! It is NOT inevitable!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(12-05-2017, 02:38 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 12:17 PM)Zedta Wrote: It is inevitable. Soon there will be no cash or as a first wave, fewer businesses will accept cash. Already, many will not accept certain denominations of bills. Smart phones, et al, are NOT really smart to have. They, like Alexia, monitor and remember what they hear and they are capable of hearing a lot. NSA can turn on a shut down a phone being charged and listen in. These 'smart' phones are way too technologically savvy. Now, like the post's refrigerator, our technocratic devices really are capable of being hacked, now TVs, computers, all this 'smart' stuff in our homes is a potential listening or watching point for a hacker. Security and safety in our homes is more fleeting than at any other time in history.

Once upon a time, there was very few ways to monitor people. Now it is an ongoing process. Big Brother is here and he is Google/Amazon.

No it is NOT inevitable. That is a counsel of despair and must be rejected root, branch and all. We are to fight EVERY move toward a "cashless society" and encourage our family and neighbors to do likewise.

Why would you even give the impression to wring your hands and do nothing to stop and reverse this? Same applies to me and to others. Fight back! It is NOT inevitable!

That this trend will come IS inevitable, since cash is failing quickly. Even banks are investing in Cryptocurrency. That it will succeed and remain is the only hope we have and that is what is also inevitable; that the cashless society will collapse on itself over time. People will use barter, jewelry and precious metals and other means of transferring wealth and the currency will reappear, but not as it is today.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
(12-04-2017, 09:10 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: [Image: DQNcs-KUQAAJtNj.jpg:large]

Ha! I do manual. I write the items I need on a notepad, go into the pantry and check if the items on the list are already stocked; I open the fridge to do the same thing. I later proceed to the grocery store. I then come home and shelve the bought items myself.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GRA's post:
  • HailGilbert
(12-05-2017, 02:51 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:38 PM)HailGilbert Wrote:

That this trend will come IS inevitable, since cash is failing quickly. Even banks are investing in Cryptocurrency. That it will succeed and remain is the only hope we have and that is what is also inevitable; that the cashless society will collapse on itself over time. People will use barter, jewelry and precious metals  and other means of transferring wealth and the currency will reappear, but not as it is today.
No, it is NOT the "only hope we have" as you claim, nor is it inevitable. We are not to sit on our hands as this is going on. We are to fight back. You give the impression that all is lost regarding the trend toward a "cashless society". Fight back! Don't just sit there and do nothing! Fight back!
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
(12-05-2017, 03:56 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: . Fight back! Don't just sit there and do nothing! Fight back!

Any suggestions?

Personally, a good strategy for survival during the turmoil of this change is the best strategy. Tactics won't do it. The gargantuan is moving and it will eventually fall. We should prepare to survive the fall and last until this cashless movement dies the death it will surely come to.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
(12-05-2017, 04:52 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 03:56 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: . Fight back! Don't just sit there and do nothing! Fight back!

Any suggestions?

Personally, a good strategy for survival during the turmoil of this change is the best strategy. Tactics won't do it. The gargantuan is moving and it will eventually fall. We should prepare to survive the fall and last until this cashless movement dies the death it will surely come to.

Informing ourselves and our neighbors about this. Getting information on both laws and court cases that are working to reverse this trend. Putting public pressure on those persons and organizations pushing this cashless tripe to reverse themselves. And above all not despairing and doing nothing.
We already lost the battle with money once we went off the gold standard. Those pieces of paper are worth as much as the market says they're worth and that's it. There's nothing real backing it up. A piece of paper that says $100 is worth the same as a computer screen that says I have $100 in my account.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • Catherine, Zedta