Suggestions for a Catholic Icon
[Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

I would like some ideas with regards to a Catholic icon that I would like to place on the top-most shelf of my study enclosed inside a table-top frame... I admire a lot of icons and images but am thoroughly confused...

Suggestions, please....! Thanks in advance...!  Smile
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
Im no iconography expert but I would suggest an icon of Mary and the child Jesus or perhaps your patron saint for a start.

There's plenty of people here with more of an Eastern bent who I'm sure can help.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
I have several, but my 2 favorites are Christ Pantocrator and Our Lady of Perpetual Help. I keep one of each on my desk at work, and on the wall at home.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil
[Image: ostrombskay.jpg]

I have always really enjoyed this icon.  I always thought Our Lady looks so royal and majestic and yet so humble.  I keep this one above my bed.
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Justin Alphonsus's post:
  • dahveed, Dominicus