Vatican issues far left declaration on Climate Change.
What is chilling is the extent that the globalist agenda permeates into all institutions of life today.

Dec 05 2017

In a dramatic declaration punctuated by dire threats and warnings, the Vatican is urging the world to “decarbonize the energy system as early as possible and no later than mid-century” to avoid irreversible damage to humans and ecosystems.

In its newly released “Final Declaration: Our Planet, Our Health, Our Responsibility” from a November workshop on climate change, air pollution and health, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences warns that “there is less than a decade” to put in place a series of sweeping measures to counteract the effects of human-induced climate change. “The time to act is now,” it reads.

Observation From Author

Quote:Surprisingly for a statement coming from an academy of “science,” the document is riddled with unscientific assertions in a bizarre mix of political ideology and apocalyptic hyperbole.

Breitbart: Vatican Climate Change Agenda
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
This, along with pope Frank's comments, only solidifies my stance that he is a Globalist's plant and the Church is overrun with them in Her clergy and with a number of them in the Faithful as well. They have a mindset that is the root of all the rest of the disruptive behavior we are witness to. May the Holy Spirit give The Church a political 'enema' of this scourge.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
Coming to a parish near you!

The Alaskan tundra wolf whose voice this Kyrie was based on, sings the same four-note howl seven times in an interval known as the tritone - the sax, tenor solo voices and chorus answering. The double-bell rhythm comes from Ghana.

(12-05-2017, 09:50 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: In its newly released “Final Declaration: Our Planet, Our Health, Our Responsibility” from a November workshop on climate change, air pollution and health, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences warns that “there is less than a decade” to put in place a series of sweeping measures to counteract the effects of human-induced climate change. “The time to act is now,” it reads.

Who wants to bet that the climate in 2027 won’t be the disaster they’re predicting?

Maybe we’ll be back to global cooling by then. This, more than anything, is why I’m sceptical of all this - if the model’s right, it should be able to predict what will happen. We can predict eclipses for thousands of years, but the climate model predictions are always wrong.
(12-05-2017, 03:23 PM)Paul Wrote: Who wants to bet that the climate in 2027 won’t be the disaster they’re predicting?

Maybe we’ll be back to global cooling by then. This, more than anything, is why I’m sceptical of all this - if the model’s right, it should be able to predict what will happen. We can predict eclipses for thousands of years, but the climate model predictions are always wrong.

That's why I'm a fan of honest research into climate issues, although it seems that they'll never get the bs out of the discussion. My thoughts are that with a growing population, more people stand to be impacted by a changing climate (it does change, after all), so we should be looking at ways to mitigate those effects.

Plus reducing pollution is always a great idea.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • Catherine
While we should always do whatever possible to protect the planet which God gave us and regardless of your thoughts about climate change... The Church should read the phrase "avoid irreversible damage to humans" and realize what is going on with the souls of so many, which are infinitely more important than the flesh.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 1 user Likes GangGreen's post:
  • Catherine
(12-05-2017, 03:41 PM)GangGreen Wrote: The Church should read the phrase "avoid irreversible damage to humans" and realize what is going on with the souls of so many, which are infinitely more important than the flesh.

I agree, but who are we to make that judgment? :rolleyes:
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
We are trad and orthodox Catholic faithfuls and we are entitled to deem that it isn't the Pope's business to save the planet but to save the souls who "are ending by millions into Hell like snowflakes" (our Lady of Fatima).
(12-05-2017, 09:50 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: Surprisingly for a statement coming from an academy of “science,” the document is riddled with unscientific assertions in a bizarre mix of political ideology and apocalyptic hyperbole.
Don't forget that this is the same Pontifical Academy of Science that just last week praised Jerry 'Moonbeam' Brown, the supporter of baby-killing and same sex 'marriage', 

Quote:(Y)ou are a true leader who seeks the good of the people defending the dignity and freedom of each person, and the good of the planet threatened by human activity that uses fossil fuel!

So, I'm not surprised in the least that they are furthering Francis' vision of a one-world, fascist dictatorship. the 'defending the dignity...of each person' is especially rich. I must have missed the memo where FrancisChurch decided abortion helps to defend the dignity of the unborn!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe