Blasphemy in Play at My Son's Jesuit School
So my son will be in his Jesuit high school play which is about kids from a school named:

Our Lady of the Reluctant Supplication

What do you guys think?

Let it slide?
Call the school?
Laugh it off?

Is there a better name I could suggest to them?

I'm so tired of the jokes about our Mother. :/
(12-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: So my son will be in his Jesuit high school play which is about kids from a school named:

What do you guys think?

Let it slide?
Call the school?
Laugh it off?

Call the school.
To find this sort of thing from a Jesuit led organization is like being surprised by a dog that barks.

From the Jesuits of these latter days, we have Liberation Theology and the likes of pope Frank.

No surprises here and only deaf ears at the school no doubt. You'll be looked at as if you had two heads.

Be prepared, but certainly, if you are so moved, speak out and protest!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
Yes, it's no surprise to be sure.  

I wish I could still homeschool, but it's no longer possible. :/

I will have to call them just to appease my conscience.  I'm homebound so they don't know me from Adam.

I doubt they will understand my concern and think me silly.

In any case, whenever I complain about something I like to have a proposed solution to offer.

Any ideas?
Call the school, then the parish, then the bishop.  Just my thoughts. :)
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[attachment=151 Wrote:Sacred Heart lover pid='1357634' dateline='1512499973']So my son will be in his Jesuit high school play which is about kids from a school named:

What do you guys think?

Let it slide?
Call the school?
Laugh it off?

Peace.....what is the moral of the story - is there a good ending??  I do get your concern though....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-05-2017, 03:58 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 02:52 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: So my son will be in his Jesuit high school play which is about kids from a school named:

What do you guys think?

Let it slide?
Call the school?
Laugh it off?

Peace.....what is the moral of the story - is there a good ending??  I do get your concern though....

The play is actually Willy Wonka but it's being presented as a fictitious "Catholic" school putting on the show.
(12-05-2017, 04:00 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 03:58 PM)angeltime Wrote:

What do you guys think?

Let it slide?
Call the school?
Laugh it off?

The play is actually Willy Wonka but it's being presented as a fictitious "Catholic" school putting on the show.
Peace.....for some reason this reminds me of when I stopped subscribing to the tv cable provider.  They asked me a few questions and I just ended it saying "I find 99% of the programming distasteful and the rest repetitive.  I can choose what I like on the internet."  Perhaps you could tell the school you find the play subject questionable - they might think you have no sense of humor though...hmmm....:(
(12-05-2017, 03:05 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Yes, it's no surprise to be sure.  

I wish I could still homeschool, but it's no longer possible. :/

I will have to call them just to appease my conscience.  I'm homebound so they don't know me from Adam.

I doubt they will understand my concern and think me silly.

In any case, whenever I complain about something I like to have a proposed solution to offer.

Any ideas?

Well, perhaps you could start with the title: "Reluctant Supplication".

How was Mary ever 'reluctant' to make a 'humble request'? Cana was probably the only place is scripture where she is noted as asserting herself and it was with marked supplication expressed.

Very curious this title. It may be helpful to read the script as well.
Mary was eagerly supplicant, most meek, mild, ever suffering and ever unassuming and never reluctantly so. The how could she ever be reluctantly supplicating?
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
Contact them and let them know you're displeased. 

Our Lady is perfectly united to God's will. She doesn't "reluctantly" do anything involved with His will.