The Vortex—Critical Moment
Hold on a minute now, let us not let be distracted from the real problem here as I see it. Voris NEVER blames a pope for anything, that is his way. Here he is addressing Pope Francis’s letter that gave permission to give Holy Communion to married people in a second or more adulterous situation ‘under certain circumstances’ which left it open to every circumstance. Now as I understand it, it was Francis himself who made it an act of the Magisterium recently.

Note Voris says it was the Argentine bishops who insisted it was an act of the magisterium. He then added ‘while it may appear to be a crisis of the Papacy, the ‘Holy Spirit’ will guide and protect it as He always does.’ Good old Voris, I said, actually trying to address this problem he absolves Pope Francis completely. He is under the guidance of the ‘Holy Spirit.’ He then goes on to lay the blame on the fact that so many priests and bishops today do not believe in the Real Presence, a fact well known by forum users at least. But does this not infer that his Pope Frances is one of those disbelievers?

What Voris could be doing is explaining to us how the ‘gates of Hell have not prevailed?’ All my Catholic life I understood the God would not allow a pope to use his infallible magisterium to rubber stamp error. It comes under the dogma of infallibility. I have read and heard of so many popes offering errors from the Pontifical Academy of Sciences to aeroplanes, but never once using their position of Pope to RULE on a matter of faith and morals.

That then is the real problem for traditional Catholics (sad when we have to distinguish between different levels of Catholicity) not that there is widespread non-belief in the Real Presence. I never thought I would see the day when the ‘Holy Spirit’ would allow a pope to teach and permit error. I cannot understand it, unless Francis is not a pope or the ‘Holy Ghost’ has abandoned Rome for now and will come back someday to sort it - and the Gates of Hell - out
[-] The following 1 user Likes cassini's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(12-07-2017, 03:51 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 10:03 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 09:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: And, Zedta, I'm assuming that you have not become a follower of the heresiarch Luther, and that you did NOT mean 'consubstantiation', but the Catholic 'transubstantiation! LOL

That's what happens when you let the computer correct your spelling and don't recheck it!
Is your computer a Lutheran?

His might be but mine is.  I asked Siri how do save a photo to the cloud and Siri responded "Faith alone suffices to be saved."
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Alphonsus's post:
  • VoxClamantis
(12-07-2017, 09:45 AM)cassini Wrote: Here he is addressing Pope Francis’s letter that gave permission to give Holy Communion to married people in a second or more adulterous situation ‘under certain circumstances’ which left it open to every circumstance. Now as I understand it, it was Francis himself who made it an act of the Magisterium recently.

If their acts of adultery aren't actually mortal sins for them, but only venial. And there's nothing new about people who have committed venial sin not being able to receive Communion.

We all know how this will be abused, but reading what's actually been written, it's not clear at all that it's heresy.
(12-07-2017, 09:13 PM)Paul Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 09:45 AM)cassini Wrote: Here he is addressing Pope Francis’s letter that gave permission to give Holy Communion to married people in a second or more adulterous situation ‘under certain circumstances’ which left it open to every circumstance. Now as I understand it, it was Francis himself who made it an act of the Magisterium recently.

If their acts of adultery aren't actually mortal sins for them, but only venial. And there's nothing new about people who have committed venial sin not being able to receive Communion.

We all know how this will be abused, but reading what's actually been written, it's not clear at all that it's heresy.

How did adultery go from being mortal to venial when Jesus made it clear that they are living in a permanent state of adultery?

Quote:German Cardinal Paul Cordes, the retired head of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum," knows for a fact how long some church leaders and theologians have been seeking a possible penitential process or other procedure that would allow the divorced and remarried to receive Communion...

In the 1970s, he was appointed secretary of a task force set up by the bishops of Germany, Switzerland and Austria to find what he described as a "loophole of mercy." The experience, he wrote, proved that even "theological and canonical acrobatics" cannot defend giving those couples Communion while effectively teaching that marriage is indissoluble."

Luke 16:18   "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."  
Matt 5:32  "But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."
Matt:19:9  "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."
Mark 10:11  He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her."  
"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience...I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Caffarra

"The only alternative to One Nation under God is all nations under God-knows-what." Joseph Pearce 

Morality is not chronological
(12-07-2017, 09:40 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: How did adultery go from being mortal to venial when Jesus made it clear that they are living in a permanent state of adultery? 

Mortal sin requires full knowledge and full consent, along with grave matter. If full consent - whatever that is - is lacking, it's venial.

It makes more sense to me to presume that grave matter = mortal sin, to encourage repentance, confession, and a change of lifestyle, but nowadays the Church likes to emphasise God's mercy over His justice, so we're left with a wishy-washy "maybe" or "we don't know" when we're asked about things like mortal sin and hell.