Pope Seeks to Change the "Lord's Prayer"
(12-07-2017, 03:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-07-2017, 03:13 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: The wording he is proposing is how the Church has always understood the meaning, but why not just remind people that is what is meant, rather than changing the words as they have been handed down?

Because this way, he's changing the very words of Our Blessed Lord in Holy Scripture, at least as the Church has received them from St Jerome's translation, and the Anglophone Church from the Rheims New Testament!

Quote:The Gospel Arccording to St Matthew, Chapter 6, Verse13
et ne inducas nos in temptationem sed libera nos a malo (St Jerome's Vulgate)

And lead us not into temptation. But deliver us from evil. (Challoner Revision of the [b]Douai-Rheims)[/b]

I've been saying for years that those who want to destroy the Church (HAH! Good luck with that!), like Francis, have adopted a tactic from the Trotskyite communists, the concept of 'permanent revolution'. Keep the revolution going with new prayers, new translations of the Liturgy, new devotions, etc., so that the Faithful find it more and more difficult to discern the True Divine and Catholic Faith amid the revolutionary verbiage.
Peace.....I have always understood "lead us not into temptation" as to mean "help us not to be led into temptation" "keep us away from temptation", I know it can seem like a play on words, however if one really believes our God is a good and loving God leading us away from sin and into holiness, they hopefully will see and understand this.  I too, am concerned about the many many changes taking place.  We change our words and rubrics more than our socks.  It's embarrassing when bringing someone into the Church - it was this, and now that, and in future the plan is....it's too much.  Blessings, angeltime

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope Seeks to Change the "Lord's Prayer" - by angeltime - 12-07-2017, 03:41 PM