Is Today A Day of Fasting?
I was under the impression that today as a Friday would not be a day of abstinence since it is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception?

Is this correct?
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
(12-08-2017, 04:28 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: I was under the impression that today as a Friday would not be a day of abstinence since it is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception?

Is this correct?

Per the 1962 Ordo today is NOT a day of fasting. SSPX has their ordo online for free see link below:

https://1962ordo.today/day/feast-immaculate-conception/
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
Days of solemnity are not fasting days.

I follow the simple rule that if it's a feast day, then it's not a fast day.
Many thanks! :tiphat:
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
(12-08-2017, 05:02 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Days of solemnity are not fasting days.

I follow the simple rule that if it's a feast day, then it's not a fast day.

Solemnities, which are the NO version of Doubles of the I Class or I Class Feasts, are not fast days.

They're not the same, though, such as 1 July, since the I Class Feast of the Most Precious Blood has been suppressed, so the day is not a Solemnity.

Quote:Can. 1251 Abstinence from meat, or from some other food as determined by the Episcopal Conference, is to be observed on all Fridays, unless a solemnity should fall on a Friday. Abstinence and fasting are to be observed on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
I did my fast anyway.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(12-08-2017, 10:44 PM)Zedta Wrote: I did my fast anyway.

Same here though sushi after six o'clock Mass wasn't much of a hardship for me somehow.  ;)