Attitude towards LGBTQ____....???
[Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

What should be our attitude and perspective towards the LGBTQ____ movement and those men and women who identify closely with this identity...? I do know that the official stance of the Catholic Church is that homosexuality is intrinsically disordered and morally reprehensible (due to which gay marriage, civil unions and live-ins (of all sort) is forbidden by the Catholic Church).

However, a further explanation from a Traditional Catholic perspective could actually make me more knowledgeable w.r.t. this issue and could serve as a justification to counter LGBTQ_____ advocates...

Also, what about those cases where it was detected among men or women that their organs were that of the opposite sex by biological examination and then proceed for a sex change in order to correct it...? Is it justified...? I know that it is 0.00001% chance  as per research studies but would the argument for identifying as transgenders be justified...?

:huh:
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(12-09-2017, 10:55 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

What should be our attitude and perspective towards the LGBTQ____ movement and those men and women who identify closely with this identity...? I do know that the official stance of the Catholic Church is that homosexuality is intrinsically disordered and morally reprehensible (due to which gay marriage, civil unions and live-ins (of all sort) is forbidden by the Catholic Church).

However, a further explanation from a Traditional Catholic perspective could actually make me more knowledgeable w.r.t. this issue and could serve as a justification to counter LGBTQ_____ advocates...

Also, what about those cases where it was detected among men or women that their organs were that of the opposite sex by biological examination and then proceed for a sex change in order to correct it...? Is it justified...? I know that it is 0.00001% chance  as per research studies but would the argument for identifying as transgenders be justified...?

We should view the lgbt community has insane degenerates who desperately need God and His Church

They should be prayed for since they hate Christ and His Church
(12-09-2017, 11:05 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: We should view the lgbt community has insane degenerates who desperately need God and His Church

1) There are those who have same sex attraction and don't act upon it. They have a mental or psychological "hiccup" causing a deviant pattern, but they are not "insane." Some of them are completely chaste Catholics.

2) They don't all "hate Christ and His Church."

Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual acts are grave sins. The person who has the affliction needs to be loved and prayed for.

A man who left an actively gay lifestyle, if I recall correctly, said he didn't know a gay man (or at least, not many) who had a good relationship with his father. Many people develop SSA after abuse or some other horrific trauma. 

Compassion is key here. The word 'compassion' is very interesting: 'co-' + 'passion'. Literally, "to suffer with." I think a much better and kinder method to interacting with people who have SSA is to help them carry their suffering. The nature of the affliction is unstable and sometimes progresses into complete and stable heterosexuality, or at least enough heterosexuality to give them an openness to a healthy and loving opposite sex relationship. The stereotype of a gay person is someone draped in rainbow colors talking about how fabulous their life is. The reality is a deeply wounded person who is likely much more unhappy than they will initially let on.
[-] The following 4 users Like In His Love's post:
  • dove77, kunoichi, Sacred Heart lover, Trad Catholic27
(12-09-2017, 11:14 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 11:05 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: We should view the lgbt community has insane degenerates who desperately need God and His Church

1) There are those who have same sex attraction and don't act upon them. They have a mental or psychological "hiccup" causing a deviant pattern, but they are not "insane." Some of them are completely chaste Catholics.

2) They don't all "hate Christ and His Church."

Homosexuality is not a sin. Homosexual acts are grave sins. The person who has the affliction needs to be loved and prayed for.

A man who left an actively gay lifestyle, if I recall correctly, said he didn't know a gay man (or at least, not many) who had a good relationship with his father. Many people develop SSA after abuse or some other horrific trauma. 

Compassion is key here. The word 'compassion' is very interesting: 'co-' + 'passion'. Literally, "to suffer with." I think a much better and kinder method to interacting with people who have SSA is to help them carry their suffering. The nature of the affliction is unstable and sometimes progresses into complete and stable heterosexuality, or at least enough heterosexuality to give them an openness to a healthy and loving opposite sex relationship. The stereotype of a gay person is someone draped in rainbow colors talking about how fabulous their life is. The reality is a deeply wounded person who is likely much more unhappy than they will initially let on.

But God in His Justice destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they committed homosexual acts without repentance.

How can we reach out to homosexuals without sounding like Fr James Martin who is heretical by claiming that they don't need to change
(12-09-2017, 11:22 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: But God in His Justice destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they committed homosexual acts without repentance.
How can we reach out to homosexuals without sounding like Fr James Martin who is heretical by claiming that they don't need to change

True. But not every homosexual is committing acts without repentance.

We can reach out in love by not condoning individual homosexual acts, but by loving the person. If you're interacting with an actively gay person, you have to teach them that their actions are hurting them further and that they do need to change. But you can't just walk up to most gay people and tell them to repent and expect a change. If you make friends with them, show them that you care, and then explain why they need to change, then they're more receptive to your message. You can't fill a closed mind with information any more than you can fill a closed container with water. You have to get them to open up to you first.
(12-09-2017, 11:35 AM)In His Love Wrote:
(12-09-2017, 11:22 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: But God in His Justice destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they committed homosexual acts without repentance.

True. But not every homosexual is committing acts without repentance.

We can reach out in love by not condoning individual homosexual acts, but by loving the person. If you're interacting with an actively gay person, you have to teach them that their actions are hurting them further and that they do need to change. But you can't just walk up to most gay people and tell them to repent and expect a change. If you make friends with them, show them that you care, and then explain why they need to change, then they're more receptive to your message. You can't fill a closed mind with information any more than you can fill a closed container with water. You have to get them to open up to you first.

I have noticed that society is now against the Church on almost every subject.

I feel that if our priests and bishops would encourage Catholics to try and evangelize them then maybe we could be more successful
Here's a good article for you to read from our very own Vox:

https://www.fisheaters.com/homosexuality.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes In His Love's post:
  • olorin12
There is a big difference between sexual disorders and the lgbtqiap community. If one is a member, or identifies as an lgbtqiap; then regardless of their membership they are not Catholics in good standing.

LGBTQIAP signifies that there are multiple or binary forms of sexuality. God declares there is only one form of sexuality, and all other forms are gravely disordered.

If a Catholic is struggling with same-sex attraction, but remains chaste, they are Catholics in good standing, and superior to those heterosexual Catholics who either, or both lust and fornicate.
Thanks it was really helpful
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trad Catholic27's post:
  • In His Love
(12-09-2017, 10:55 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

Peace.....I think this may get down to being a personal medical issue between doctor and patient.  This will not get into Church business/teaching.  (?)  angeltime