Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene
I was just there and was disgusted by the scene. Couldn't find Jesus. I was also there in 2015 and seem to recall that the nativity scene that year was less than exemplary.

The papal mass I attended was a terrible disappointment. Pope Francis never even looked up and seemed grumpy and rushed. So much for being the smiling, thumbs-up pope that we see in all the tabloids. I waited in line for 4 hours and the mass lasted 64 minutes. And since it was December 12, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the music was all in Spanish and employed drums and guitars. It seemed really out of place in St. Peter's.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(12-18-2017, 05:33 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I was just there and was disgusted by the scene. Couldn't find Jesus. I was also there in 2015 and seem to recall that the nativity scene that year was less than exemplary.

The papal mass I attended was a terrible disappointment. Pope Francis never even looked up and seemed grumpy and rushed. So much for being the smiling, thumbs-up pope that we see in all the tabloids. I waited in line for 4 hours and the mass lasted 64 minutes. And since it was December 12, the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the music was all in Spanish and employed drums and guitars. It seemed really out of place in St. Peter's.

Ah, yes, the drums and guitars of a hippie Mass. Did it reek of patchouli too? :D
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(12-18-2017, 05:33 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I was just there and was disgusted by the scene. Couldn't find Jesus. I was also there in 2015 and seem to recall that the nativity scene that year was less than exemplary.

Welcome home..... :incense:
(12-18-2017, 02:56 PM)Dominicus Wrote: The obelisk was brought to saint peters basilica because it is the very same obelisk that St peter was crucified before. It contains a relic of the True Cross. Its shadow acts as a giant sundial hence the zodic pattern around the square.

I see no reason why we shouldn't proudly display the obelisk which was sanctified by the blood of St Peter. It once was used to worship the Egyptian god of the sun, now it is used to worship the Sun of Justice, creator of the earth and stars. Its a symbol of Christ's conquest over the pagan world, hence why it is crowned with a relic of the True Cross.

Well apart from the fact that it is a phallic symbol and that looks like a phallic symbol if you know what a phallic symbol is, it brings down Christianity to the level of paganism. Again I say, a crucified Jesus on His cross should have been placed there rather than the symbol of Heliopolis, a symbol of a paganism condemned in the Scriptures.

Another example of this is the lie that the birth of Christ replaced the pagan celebration of the sun's winter solstice.

Would love to see your reference to St Peter's death under this obelisk. Surely St Peter's church is a more Catholic symbol of the place he died in rather than that thing.
(12-19-2017, 06:56 AM)cassini Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 02:56 PM)Dominicus Wrote: The obelisk was brought to saint peters basilica because it is the very same obelisk that St peter was crucified before. It contains a relic of the True Cross. Its shadow acts as a giant sundial hence the zodic pattern around the square.

I see no reason why we shouldn't proudly display the obelisk which was sanctified by the blood of St Peter. It once was used to worship the Egyptian god of the sun, now it is used to worship the Sun of Justice, creator of the earth and stars. Its a symbol of Christ's conquest over the pagan world, hence why it is crowned with a relic of the True Cross.

Well apart from the fact that it is a phallic symbol and that looks like a phallic symbol if you know what a phallic symbol is, it brings down Christianity to the level of paganism. Again I say, a crucified Jesus on His cross should have been placed there rather than the symbol of Heliopolis, a symbol of a paganism condemned in the Scriptures.

Another example of this is the lie that the birth of Christ replaced the pagan celebration of the sun's winter solstice.

Would love to see your reference to St Peter's death under this obelisk. Surely St Peter's church is a more Catholic symbol of the place he died in rather than that thing.

Phallic symbol? Seriously? Maybe if one's mind has been distorted to such an extent to take anything longer than it is wide to be a phallic image, but that's generally not what people jump to.
[-] The following 2 users Like Florus's post:
  • jovan66102, VoxClamantis

Alright, Freud. You know what's also been interpreted as a phallic symbol? Bishop's miters.

Makes me wonder what you'd say to those people who claim that the reason we face East and use monstrances is because its actually a form of sun worship.

Or how about St. Peter's symbol being an upside down cross? Obviously satanism.

St Peter along with many other Christians was crucified in the circus of Nero, take a wild guess where that obelisk came from... Afterwards he was buried on Vatican hill, under what is now St Peters Basilica.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102
Also I would like to know what you think regarding the pillar taken from a pagan temple which now stands outside of St Mary Major and supports a statue of Our Lady.

Or how about the pantheon, once a temple dedicated to "all the gods" now dedicated to Mary and the martyrs. And guess what's outside the pantheon... Another obelisk topped with a cross, this one from the time of Rameses II, the pharaoh most often associated with Exodus.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(12-19-2017, 12:54 PM)Florus Wrote:

Phallic symbol? Seriously? Maybe if one's mind has been distorted to such an extent to take anything longer than it is wide to be a phallic image, but that's generally not what people jump to.

Oh boy, seems I have touched a nerve here. Very intertesting to see how a pagan symbol can be defended as something Catholic just because it ended up in St Peter's square.

Now it does not take one's mind to be distorted to know a little about history.

Go google and see the truth. Here is one not quite as explicit as others. 

https://www.christian-restoration.com/fm...elisks.htm
Wow! Quoting from the website of a 'born-again' heretic who speaks in tongues! Just WOW!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(12-19-2017, 02:35 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Also I would like to know what you think regarding the pillar taken from a pagan temple which now stands outside of St Mary Major and supports a statue of Our Lady.

Or how about the pantheon, once a temple dedicated to "all the gods" now dedicated to Mary and the martyrs. And guess what's outside the pantheon... Another obelisk topped with a cross, this one from the time of Rameses II, the pharaoh most often associated with Exodus.

Only fair to reply Dominicus.

I have no problem with pillars, only obelisks.

Ah the Pantheon, the Paris Pantheon I presume. Not sure how Mary and the martyrs feel about a place that houses a statue of that anti-Christ voltaire who with others like him are buried there.

Of interest to me is that this is the place where Foucault held his pendulum experiment, telling all the big lie that it 'proved' the earth turns thus supposedly showing the Church wrong when it defined heliocentrism as heresy.

Nor does it surprise me that it too had an obelisk topped with a cross just like the ones condemned in Scripture.

Scripture

This is a sample of scripture relating to sacred pillars - sometimes translated as obelisks

'You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.' Exodus 23:24

'But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images  Exodus 34:13
You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.'  Leviticus 26:1

'But thus you shall deal with them: you shall destroy their altars, and break down their sacred pillars  Deut 7:5
And you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and burn their wooden images with fire; you shall cut down the carved images of their gods and destroy their names from that place.'  Deut 12: 3-4