Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene
(12-19-2017, 06:12 PM)cassini Wrote: Ah the Pantheon, the Paris Pantheon I presume. Not sure how Mary and the martyrs feel about a place that houses a statue of that anti-Christ voltaire who with others like him are buried there.
How about the Pantheon in Rome?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(12-19-2017, 06:02 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Wow! Quoting from the website of a 'born-again' heretic who speaks in tongues! Just WOW!

Ah, the old ad hominem ploy, always works, attack the person, avoid the content.
(12-19-2017, 06:17 PM)cassini Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 06:02 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Wow! Quoting from the website of a 'born-again' heretic who speaks in tongues! Just WOW!

Ah, the old ad hominem ploy, always works, attack the person, avoid the content.
Nope. I just thought that maybe, just maybe, you could find what, oh a Catholic source.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(12-19-2017, 06:16 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 06:12 PM)cassini Wrote: Ah the Pantheon, the Paris Pantheon I presume. Not sure how Mary and the martyrs feel about a place that houses a statue of that anti-Christ voltaire who with others like him are buried there.
How about the Pantheon in Rome?

Oh, that Pantheon, sorry jovan. No I have no problem or argument with this building being turned into a church.
(12-19-2017, 06:18 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Nope. I just thought that maybe, just maybe, you could find what, oh a Catholic source.

Do the Scriptural passages condemning these symbols and pagan religions not qualify as Catholic?

That's not an ad hominem. He's questioning the the veracity of your sources. 

It seems fair to assume that a heretic would have bias against the Church.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102
(12-19-2017, 06:12 PM)cassini Wrote:
(12-19-2017, 02:35 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Also I would like to know what you think regarding the pillar taken from a pagan temple which now stands outside of St Mary Major and supports a statue of Our Lady.

Or how about the pantheon, once a temple dedicated to "all the gods" now dedicated to Mary and the martyrs. And guess what's outside the pantheon... Another obelisk topped with a cross, this one from the time of Rameses II, the pharaoh most often associated with Exodus.

Only fair to reply Dominicus.

I have no problem with pillars, only obelisks.

So you have no problem with things which were consecrated to pagan gods being used for Christian purposes but if it resembles a penis then its devils work?
(12-19-2017, 07:15 PM)Dominicus Wrote: That's not an ad hominem. He's questioning the the veracity of your sources. 

It seems fair to assume that a heretic would have bias against the Church.
Given that the author is not only a heretic, but that he's a Northern Irish fundamentalist to boot, it's a good bet that he believes the obelisks were erected for the Catholic Church to indulge in worshipping the pagan gods.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(12-19-2017, 06:25 PM)cassini Wrote: Do the Scriptural passages condemning these symbols and pagan religions not qualify as Catholic?

Well, they are duplicated in a Catholic Bible, but they are being quoted from a heretical translation. And I notice they're all from the Old Testament, which, if I recall correctly was fulfilled by Christ and the only parts that bind are the moral law, and those points laid down in Acts by the Apostolic Council of Jerusalem.

And, since the Church is the interpreter of Scripture, unlike your source's 'private interpretation', I would assume that by Her consecration and use of these monuments, that She has interpreted those verses as no longer being binding.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
The old testament also commands us to destroy a city in which idolatry was committed, not to erect columns in places of worship, not to bow on smooth stone, etc. These would all apply equally as the one you mentioned but I don't see anyone advocating these.