Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene
(12-19-2017, 02:35 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Also I would like to know what you think regarding the pillar taken from a pagan temple which now stands outside of St Mary Major and supports a statue of Our Lady.

Or how about the pantheon, once a temple dedicated to "all the gods" now dedicated to Mary and the martyrs. And guess what's outside the pantheon... Another obelisk topped with a cross, this one from the time of Rameses II, the pharaoh most often associated with Exodus.

Only fair to reply Dominicus.

I have no problem with pillars, only obelisks.

Ah the Pantheon, the Paris Pantheon I presume. Not sure how Mary and the martyrs feel about a place that houses a statue of that anti-Christ voltaire who with others like him are buried there.

Of interest to me is that this is the place where Foucault held his pendulum experiment, telling all the big lie that it 'proved' the earth turns thus supposedly showing the Church wrong when it defined heliocentrism as heresy.

Nor does it surprise me that it too had an obelisk topped with a cross just like the ones condemned in Scripture.

Scripture

This is a sample of scripture relating to sacred pillars - sometimes translated as obelisks

'You shall not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do according to their works; but you shall utterly overthrow them and completely break down their sacred pillars.' Exodus 23:24

'But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images  Exodus 34:13
You shall not make idols for yourselves; neither a carved image nor a sacred pillar shall you rear up for yourselves; nor shall you set up an engraved stone in your land, to bow down to it; for I am the Lord your God.'  Leviticus 26:1

'But thus you shall deal with them: you shall destroy their altars, and break down their sacred pillars  Deut 7:5
And you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and burn their wooden images with fire; you shall cut down the carved images of their gods and destroy their names from that place.'  Deut 12: 3-4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene - by cassini - 12-19-2017, 06:12 PM