Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene
(12-20-2017, 02:32 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I think this is a most productive and fruitful conversation, but can we please do without the snark?

We are brothers and sisters in Christ seeking the truth after all.

It's quite understandable to have questions about these things.

Let's continue to help each other discern the truth in love, okay?   :heart: :)

Well said Sacred Heart Lover. It seems I have opened a can of worms that many Catholics do not want to hear or know about. For that one must be punished with words. But I am well used to it, for the truth is not always welcome. Here are some of their comments:

'We have someone quoting a heretic website to 'prove' that the Church is in violation of Scripture, what are we supposed to do? Join the Church of Nice?'

'So you have no problem with things which were consecrated to pagan gods being used for Christian purposes but if it resembles a penis then its devils work?'

'Sorry, but I don't suffer heretics gladly or people quoting from them in an attempt to prove the Church wrong.'

'Cassini, does that mean you don't have a Christmas tree up in your house now this Advent Season for Christmas?'
....................................................................................................................

They denied their ad hominem ploy to undermine my opinion, now it is the turn of the author of that website I picked out at random to illustrate what the dogs in the street know; that these obelisks that came from Egypt were first hand symbols of a pagan religion condemned in the Sacred Scriptures. I had no idea he was a Protestant, but then again in certain fields such as heliocentrism and evolution Protestants are far ahead with the truth than Catholics. You see we have the personal opinions of popes to contend with in these subjects, they don't.

Tell me now that calling the author a 'heretic' is not an ad hominem ploy and I will try to believe it. Note howeverr the same posters did not even try to show where this 'heretic' got his facts wrong.
So then, let us now examine the Catholic Douay Rheims version of all the references I have mentioned in my posts and the three references the 'heretic' gave. 

3 Kings 16:31-33
[31] Nor was it enough for him to walk in the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nabat: but he also took to wife Jezabel daughter of Ethbaal king of the Sidonians. And he went, and served Baal [the sun god of Heliopolis], and adored him. [32] And he set up an altar for Baal in the temple of Baal, which he had built in Samaria, [33] And he planted a grove: and Achab did more to provoke the Lord the God of Israel, than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

4 Kings: 23:5-11
[4] And the king commanded Helcias the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the doorkeepers, to cast out of the temple of the Lord all the vessels [ like the Obelisk] that had been made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burnt them without Jerusalem in the valley of Cedron, and he carried the ashes of them to Bethel

Wisdom 12, describes the pagans of the obelisks. 
[1] O how good and sweet is thy spirit, O Lord, in all things! [2] And therefore thou chastisest them that err, by little and little: and admonishest them, and speakest to them, concerning the things wherein they offend: that leaving their wickedness, they may believe in thee, O Lord. [3] For those ancient inhabitants of thy holy land, whom thou didst abhor, [4] Because they did works hateful to thee by their sorceries, and wicked sacrifices, [5] And those merciless murderers of their own children, and eaters of men's bowels, and devourers of blood from the midst of thy consecration,

Now let us see the Catholic version of the 'heretic's website. And remember, what the Scriptures say is the truth.

Douay Rheims on Exodus 23-24
[23] And my angel shall go before thee, and shall bring thee in unto the Amorrhite, and the Hethite, and the Pherezite, and the Chanaanite, and the Hevite, and the Jebusite, whom I will destroy. [24] Thou shalt not adore their gods, nor serve them. Thou shalt not do their works, but shalt destroy them, and break their statues. [25] And you shall serve the Lord your God, that I may bless your bread and your waters, and may take away sickness from the midst of thee.

Leviticus 26:1
[1] I am the Lord your God: you shall not make to yourselves any idol or graven thing, neither shall you erect pillars, nor set up a remarkable stone in your land, to adore it: for I am the Lord your God.' [The pillars here refer not to your ordinary pillar used by man in buildings throughout history. That would be rediculous. The pillars here are Pagan symbols of and to their false Gods.] [/url]

Deuteronomy 12: 3-4
[3] Overthrow their altars, and break down their statues, burn their groves with fire, and break their idols in pieces: destroy their names out of those places. [4] You shall not do so to the Lord your God: [url=http://www.drbo.org/x/d?b=drb&bk=5&ch=12&l=5-#x]

This last quote is devistating when you think the popes, rather than destroy the very obelisk that stood in the centre of Heliopolis as ordered by God, but erected it in the very heart of Rome. but not only that, one pope got Bernini to actually mark out the heliocentric lines that surrounded it in Heliopolis, completing every detail of condemned Idol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pope Francis's Sacrilegious Nativity Scene - by cassini - 12-20-2017, 03:10 PM