Photos of the spherical earth from space vehicles we have launched into space
(12-30-2017, 01:39 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I don't know what to believe.

This video brings up some convincing arguments about satellites.  ::shrug::

If satellites don't exist, would somebody please explain to me what it was I saw speeding through the sky back in October of 1957? It hadn't been there before.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(01-02-2018, 02:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

If satellites don't exist, would somebody please explain to me what it was I saw speeding through the sky back in October of 1957? It hadn't been there before.

Probably just some commie Jews and Jesuits conspiring to get us to waste our time and burn up our mobile data.  They always knew the world was flat, they just want us to not believe it so they can have all the unobtainium hidden beneath the World Tree.  I'll bet they even got the Illuminati and the Freemasons to help fund it, what with their Death Star and all that (Which isn't round by the way. It is flat, too. A more accurate name would be Death Plateau, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it, ya know.)  It's either that or aliens.....

[Image: HkPOzEH.jpg?1]
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Justin Alphonsus's post:
  • Dominicus, jovan66102, Zedta
(01-02-2018, 02:37 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 02:17 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Probably just some commie Jews and Jesuits conspiring to get us to waste our time and burn up our mobile data.  They always knew the world was flat, they just want us to not believe it so they can have all the unobtainium hidden beneath the World Tree.  I'll bet they even got the Illuminati and the Freemasons to help fund it, what with their Death Star and all that (Which isn't round by the way. It is flat, too. A more accurate name would be Death Plateau, but it just doesn't have the same ring to it, ya know.)  It's either that or aliens.....

[Image: HkPOzEH.jpg?1]

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(01-02-2018, 02:37 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: A more accurate name would be Death Plateau

Actually, its a disk. :D
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin
(12-30-2017, 09:00 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 03:48 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: What about when the satellite is on the other side of the earth?

If you are asking about 'geosynchronous orbiting' satellites, they are in a geosynchronous orbit:

[Image: 290px-Geosynchronous_orbit.gif]

They orbit around the earth at the same relative speed as the earth's turning, so they are 'stationary' in the sky relative to any point on the earth. That is why we can find it at any time in the same place in the sky. Those in this orbit, but on the other side of the earth are always not visible to us on this side and vise versa.

Quote:Sacred Heart lover

Also, what about the radiation burning up the satellite?

Not all radiation is heat.

The Van Allen Belts (there are 2 and maybe 3 of the) are electromagnetic in nature and vary greatly in density and distance from the earth as well as intensity of their radiations:

From Wikipedia
[/url]
Quote:
[Image: 250px-Comparison_satellite_navigation_orbits.svg.png]

Spacecraft travelling beyond [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit]low Earth orbit
enter the zone of radiation of the Van Allen belts. Beyond the belts, they face additional hazards from cosmic rays and solar particle events. A region between the inner and outer Van Allen belts lies at two to four Earth radii and is sometimes referred to as the "safe zone".[27][28]
Solar cells, integrated circuits, and sensors can be damaged by radiation. Geomagnetic storms occasionally damage electronic components on spacecraft. Miniaturization and digitization of electronics and logic circuits have made satellites more vulnerable to radiation, as the total electric charge in these circuits is now small enough so as to be comparable with the charge of incoming ions. Electronics on satellites must be hardened against radiation to operate reliably. The Hubble Space Telescope, among other satellites, often has its sensors turned off when passing through regions of intense radiation.[29] A satellite shielded by 3 mm of aluminium in an elliptic orbit (200 by 20,000 miles (320 by 32,190 km)) passing the radiation belts will receive about 2,500 rem (25 Sv) per year (for comparison, a full-body dose of 5 Sv is deadly). Almost all radiation will be received while passing the inner belt.[30]
The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners.[31] The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. Apollo flight trajectories bypassed the inner belts completely, and only passed through the thinner areas of the outer belts.[25][32]
Astronauts' overall exposure was actually dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field. The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.[31]

Getting through these belts and scads of other concerns were why there were delays during the countdowns of these Lunar Missions.

I hope this helps.

Oh, BTW: I am a HAM radio Operator and I can send signals up to the satellites and only need small energy output, 25 watts or so, to reach them. Line of sight communication doesn't require much power to accomplish.

Thank you, that does help.  It's nice to be able to ask questions without being made fun of. 

Here's another question, if you don't mind.

This video from NASA says that they don't have the technology to go through the Van Allen belts:

(01-03-2018, 07:17 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: This video from NASA says that they don't have the technology to go through the Van Allen belts:

That's not what he said. He said it was a challenge, and to add, just as it is now it was back in the 60s. He said there is shielding, just as there was in the 60s, only improved. The precautions they took back in the 60s included adjusting launch times and trajectories to find the weakest parts of the fields they were to penetrate. They will do so with teh Orion craft as well, but be MORE protected. The speaker was using a bit of sarcasm or even a tad of some poorly applied dramatic license as he spoke...cheesy even, but like most scientists, they aren't good public speakers, generally. They guy who made the video used a 'snippet' of a much longer video. This technique is often used to create an improper idea from a credible source. Look again at the graph in the data I posted on the Van Allen belt. The belt is not such a big thing in small, short doses; like passing through in a shielded space vehicle. Like getting a few CT Scans worth of radiation.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • The Tax Collector
(01-03-2018, 08:40 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 07:17 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: This video from NASA says that they don't have the technology to go through the Van Allen belts:

That's not what he said. He said it was a challenge, and to add, just as it is now it was back in the 60s. He said there is shielding, just as there was in the 60s, only improved. The precautions they took back in the 60s included adjusting launch times and trajectories to find the weakest parts of the fields they were to penetrate. They will do so with teh Orion craft as well, but be MORE protected. The speaker was using a bit of sarcasm or even a tad of some poorly applied dramatic license as he spoke...cheesy even, but like most scientists, they aren't good public speakers, generally. They guy who made the video used a 'snippet' of a much longer video. This technique is often used to create an improper idea from a credible source. Look again at the graph in the data I posted on the Van Allen belt. The belt is not such a big thing in small, short doses; like passing through in a shielded space vehicle. Like getting a few CT Scans worth of radiation.

Thanks, but I'm still wondering about Astronaut Petit in the video I posted before stating that they can't go back to the moon because they destroyed the technology and it would be too difficult to recreate.

Also, the story about losing all the telemetry tapes of the original moon landing.

It's hard to believe NASA wouldn't do a better job at housekeeping isn't it?
Here is the video I posted before:

(01-02-2018, 08:24 PM)Zedta Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 02:37 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: A more accurate name would be Death Plateau

I was thinking Death Platter.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • Zedta
(01-03-2018, 11:19 PM)Dominicus Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 08:24 PM)Zedta Wrote:

I was thinking Death Platter.

:rofl:
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin