Can I attend my cousin's wedding? (Lack of form).
(12-30-2017, 10:37 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 01:56 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: If it were me, I wouldn’t go.

If she received a dispensation from the Bishop there is no sin in it.

Perhaps no sin, but I still wouldn’t go. Why would I dress up and go to a ceremony that is anything less than a Mass?  I won’t go to Catholic weddings that are done without a Mass either.

I think attending a non Catholic wedding without a bishops dispensation would be a sin of scandal regardless of the reasons why
(12-30-2017, 11:15 PM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 10:37 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 01:58 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 01:56 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: If it were me, I wouldn’t go.

If she received a dispensation from the Bishop there is no sin in it.

Perhaps no sin, but I still wouldn’t go. Why would I dress up and go to a ceremony that is anything less than a Mass?  I won’t go to Catholic weddings that are done without a Mass either.

I think attending a non Catholic wedding without a bishops dispensation would be a sin of scandal regardless of the reasons why

I would have a hard time with it.  My presence would be giving approval to something I don't approve of, since I know how hard it is to raise kids in the faith with two Catholic parents much less only one. (Not to mention the fortitude required of the parents.)

Zubr's case is a bit different in that an Orthodox ceremony has apostolic succession, and she is devoted to and educated in the faith.

But making exceptions in either direction leads me to begin to make myself bishop or worse, pope. :/

Why do things have to be so messy?  I'm afraid it's only going to continue to get messier and we will have to do our best with the revealed truth we have plus relying on prayer.
(12-30-2017, 01:44 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: According to this priest the answer would be no unless they have a dispensation.

(You can start at around 16 min in)

I heard this homily years ago and I’ve been looking for it ever since.  I was so happy to find this today!
I’m sorry if I’m posting in an incorrect place. I’m new! I was reading Traditional Catholicism 101 and Conversion of the Heart. These articles are excellent! Who wrote them? I plan to read them over and over again. One comment/question re Trad Cath 101 - the author mentions FSSP and ICK, but what about SJC (the Canons Regular of St John Cantius). They actually offer both forms of the Mass. Is it ok to attend that parish? I look forward to reading more articles!
(01-01-2018, 11:26 AM)DRHolmen Wrote: I’m sorry if I’m posting in an incorrect place.  I’m new! I was reading Traditional Catholicism 101 and Conversion of the Heart. These articles are excellent!  Who wrote them?  I plan to read them over and over again.  One comment/question re Trad Cath 101 - the author mentions FSSP and ICK, but what about SJC (the Canons Regular of St John Cantius).  They actually offer both forms of the Mass.  Is it ok to attend that parish?  I look forward to reading more articles!

The articles were written by Our Fearless Leader, Marta's Human, Vox Clamantis, owner of the Tank. And as to your question about the Canons Regular, yes, it's OK. I wish I lived near one of their parishes!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe