Cold Weather Testing
(07-02-2018, 07:45 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 10:18 PM)Jeeter Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 10:18 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: All of my Chilenos are chambered in original 7mm Mauser.  Trying to get my hands on the 1935, which is still used in Chile as the parade rifle by the Carabineros; that too is chambered in 7mm Mauser.  You could say I have a soft spot for Chile.   Rolleyes

Now my VZ-24, K98's and M48 Yugo... those are in 8mm Mauser, which packs a bit more of a punch.

I love me some Mausers! I have a 1912 Chileno in 7mm, and My M91 Argy is one of the most accurate rifles I’ve ever shot. And it’s 124 years old. A Yugo M48 isnext on my list.

Forgot about this thread!  Came across just now and thought I'd post a pic of my Mausers...

From L to R...  M48 Yugo, k98 Russian Capture, M48 and a VZ-24....

[Image: Mausers.jpg?dl=0]

Picture didn't come through, but very cool collection!  I have a Russian capture k98 and an interesting Yugo capture k98.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
While I don't collect rifles, I appreciate a good one. I prefer shooting without a scope, and with a bolt-action one, preferrably a .45 S&W. For pistols, I like Glocks Smile

For guns, I like accurate and powerful. Nothing below .34 mag for me
MonstranceDeo Gratias et Ave Maria! Monstrance
Pray the Rosary
Photo 
When I was in the army we used MilTec-1. Weapons grade synthetic based metal conditioner. Never had a problem. I remember going to the range in Germany it was well below zero. I also used it in Iraq with 100+ temps.
Bob

If my dog doesn't like you maybe I shouldn't either!!

“No one in the world can change Truth!”
St. Maximilian Kolbe, PRAY FOR US!
(07-03-2018, 11:33 AM)BobR67 Wrote: When I was in the army we used MilTec-1. Weapons grade synthetic based metal conditioner. Never had a problem. I remember going to the range in Germany it was well below zero. I also used it in Iraq with 100+ temps.

I had forgotten to provide a follow-up to that cold day of testing.  The white lithium tub of grease I bought for a few $$ several years ago at the hardware store did its job in the cold, as well as in the heat.  

And what a difference six months makes!  This past Saturday evening I was again out at the range.  Temps were in the 90's, with the dew point in the upper 70's.  Mosquitoes everywhere!  Was working on loads for two scoped rifles, and after two or three shots the heat from the barrel was causing a mirage and it was difficult to see the target at 100yds.  Those things didn't happen in late December.   

Cool

Now, on today's schedule: It's raining outside and I don't feel like working much, so.... gonna completely strip, clean and lube some recently arrived Garands.
(07-03-2018, 12:05 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Now, on today's schedule: It's raining outside and I don't feel like working much, so.... gonna completely strip, clean and lube some recently arrived Garands.

Garands. *drools* Big Grin
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • dahveed