Forgive my past and move on...
[Image: latin_cross.png?v=5] PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM [Image: latin_cross.png?v=5]

I had a troubled childhood which has in many ways impacted me psychologically... I feel that as it is the new year, the time has arrived to forgive all the people involved in a verbally abusive bullying incident (a priest and other classmates during school days...) 

I need your prayers to forgive and forget my past and move on ahead in life... I know it is difficult... at times I feel tempted to take my revenge and make their life miserable but, in the end I would fall prey to my own trap...

I won't get into the details since it was a painful incident but seek your prayers to keep a forgiving attitude at all times and not give way to my short-temperedness...

Thanks in advance and a Happy New Year, once again...!  Smile
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
[-] The following 1 user Likes AndreasIosephus's post:
  • jovan66102
Pray
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • AndreasIosephus
Pray
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • AndreasIosephus
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and will most definitely pray for you.

I too have had many traumatic experiences from my life and difficulty forgiving.

A couple of things that have helped me.

I try to read the book Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence every year.  If you haven't already read this one you can find it for free online here.

One printing of the book I used to own had great suggestions at the end.  It said to spend time in prayer imagining the absolute worst thing you can think of happening to you and turning to Jesus and thanking him for it.  That way we are in practice for the things that will inevitably come our way.

It gave the story of an Italian man whose wife and son were run over and killed by an Italian tank during WWII.  He ran into the church and bowed prostrate before the crucifix, sobbing, and said, "Thank you, God.  Thank you, God," over and over again.

So when things are so painful I think I will absolutely die of a broken heart, I spend time in anger and self-pity, but finally I've found that if I can simply muster the words, "Thank you, Jesus," my heart finds consolation and I can begin to relax my muscles and fall asleep or eat or whatever.

Also, a spiritual director had me write down all of my memories in a book using a couple words or a phrase to denote them.  They were to be assigned to one of three categories:  Joyful, Sorrowful, and Glorious.

Regarding the sorrowful, he said that this is where people often get stuck and we need to look at them as stepping stones instead.  He wanted me to go through each memory and write next to it how the experience has benefitted me in some way.  Surprisingly there is always a benefit to be found if you think about it.

So I look at Jesus as my personal trainer and now see those sorrows as all part of the workout to help me grow stronger in some virtue.  

I try to unite the suffering to His cross and offer it up for those who hurt me in imitation of Him.

Finally, I have to say that there are some people I have to love from a distance even though I forgive them.  Forgiving someone doesn't mean that I have to allow them to continue to abuse me.

God Bless you!
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • AndreasIosephus